MindYerBeak

makerunways.exe for xp11 ?

Is there such a thing as a makerunways for xp11 ? I  ran a search but  I came up empty: I would need to use it for  pf3.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

Is there such a thing as a makerunways for xp11 ? I  ran a search but  I came up empty: I would need to use it for  pf3.

Thanks

MindYerBeak

You might want to try here.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29700-makerunways-for-x-plane/

It is use for Radar Contact but it also can be use for PF3.

The process for generating a new database for PF3 is a bit tricky and I have been meaning to post a new procedure.

You follow the instructions in PF3 to generate the files, except that your going to run "MakeRwys for Xplane" in the Xplane 11 main directory.

The one file you will need for PF3 is "Runways.csv", that will be created in Xplane 11 by the MakeRwys for Xplane Utility. 

Once the file is the generate, there are problems reading the file from X plane 11 directory into PF3 to generate the database. 

How I got PF3 the read "Runways.csv" file to generate the new database was to copy that file "Runways.csv"  into the  either FSX or Prepaid3d (although I don't have Prepaid3d) main directory folder.  Before copying you what to backup the original "Runways.csv" if your still using FSX or Prepaird3d, and restore the original file when your done.

Then you begin the process of generate the new database for PF3. 

You will select the file "Runways.csv" from the FSX main directory that you just copy over from Xplane 11 and it will generate the new database to its completions.

I don't know why that there is some dependency in PF3 that still needs FSX or Prepaid3d in order for some utilities to work. However the data in :Runways.csv" is Xplane 11 data.  

I hope that help.

Bob