Sign in to follow this  
glider1

WAMA - black screen exiting aircraft P3D44

Hi there

Pretty sure it is not a WAMA issue after a long flight when I exit the aircraft into the POD the P3D screen goes black but P3D still works I can save the flight from the menu. Only happens on long flights, can enter and exit on short flights no problems.

EDIT: It doesn't happen if I switch to avatar only when using the WAMA function to exit the aircraft.

Thanks if you have any ideas.

Cheers, glider.

Edited by glider1

Hi,

tricky question. It is not like WAMA does anything outside of the box here. Do you have the instant switch option activated? Are you saving the position before you leave the plane?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorby - yes instant switch is activated and I save the flight before exiting as well as afterwards when the screen is black. Both saves are fine. When I restart P3D and load I'm in the pod looking at the aircraft I exited with the instant switch. But P3D needs to be restarted.

11 hours ago, glider1 said:

yes instant switch is activated

There is just a single SimConnect command being executed at that point, to switch you to a different vehicle. Once that is done you are shifted to a new position. There is nothing that I could do any differently. Looks like something inside the sim is being choked by a long flight and needs more time to clear up than it should. Problem like that is bound to show up with other use cases too I guess.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

On 1/19/2019 at 8:42 PM, Lorby_SI said:

There is just a single SimConnect command being executed at that point, to switch you to a different vehicle. Once that is done you are shifted to a new position. There is nothing that I could do any differently. Looks like something inside the sim is being choked by a long flight and needs more time to clear up than it should. Problem like that is bound to show up with other use cases too I guess.

Best regards

Oliver worked it out you are not going to believe it 🙂

<spoiler>it was because visualise g-effects was selected under realism</spoiler>

It happened only on longish flights because assuming there is some situation in longer flights where extreme negative g-s are registered in the sim causing a blackout of the screen when exiting the aircraft in WAMA.

Maybe you should reset g-effects in your WAMA code when exiting the aircraft?

Debrief: I've only tested it once so confidence is not 100% but pretty high.

2 hours ago, glider1 said:

Maybe you should reset g-effects in your WAMA code when exiting the aircraft?

Sorry, but I don't think that I can, there is no SimConnect functionality for that. If you are using the "instant switch" thing, it is all under simulator control. It doesn't make any sense either, why the sim would apply acceleration forces to your freshly loaded craft. I can try and set all acceleration forces to 0 every time a new aircraft is loaded, but I doubt very much that this will do anything.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

Ok, scrub the "visual g-effects" theory, WAMA went dark on me today exiting anyway. Back to square one.

Hi,

unfortunately long range flights are not something that I can do, I just don't have that much time. I will need your help...

• What exactly do I have to do to reproduce this issue?
  • What happens if you don't use the instant switch, exit the standard way instead?
  • Does it make a difference which aircraft you were flying?
  • Does it make a difference if you use another default vehicle (an Avatar maybe)?
  • What happens when instead of exiting with WAMA you choose a new vehicle from the P3D dialog?
  • Is your main camera aligned correctly? It might be pointed underground or something like that.
  • What happens if you play around with the sim, switch to different cameras, open the map dialog and close it again, open the scenery library and just close it again?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Really sorry I didn't reply to you Lorby my humble apologies. The AVSIM system seemed not to notify me.

The problem is solved to reasonable certainty now.

It is caused by a particular VR issue. If you disable VR during the flight and enable it again it causes the black screen when exiting WAMA. If VR is kept enabled throughout the flight, no black screen WAMA operates normally.

Thanks Oliver.