Conair_Anthony

configure control sensitivity, P3D4.4

Hi all,

Took a search, but missed anything conclusive.  Have a couple questions:

- throttle sensitivity seems to be inconsistent, is this simply an issue with the P3D engine and turboprops?  90% of the power control seems to be in the last 25% of the throttle range.  Sensitivity seems to be ok I suppose, but it's all lumped together at the end

- elevator trim - I have a model I am required to use, but it always seems nose heavy.  Is increasing the value for elevator_trim_limit the most efficient way to change that?  I will be trialing some values next time I am at the sim.

- fuel cut-off and engine auto-start: the behavior of these seems inconsistent.  Most of the time hitting the fuel cut-off button, well, cuts off the fuel.  But... sometimes it doesn't.  Same for the engine auto-start - it'll work sometimes.  I have these mapped to a Logitech flight quadrant via P3D settings.

General question - would I be better served mapping these through FSUIPC5 instead of the built-in P3D controls?

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Anthony

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I find sensitivity is improved by way of accuracy with FSUIPC and with this you can also set a custom range so 90% of controller movement can relate to 100% in sim.

FSUIPC is the way forward with controllers if you have it