Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Just for a smile.

Notice him stop to check breathing. Good pup!

• Like 3

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

So funny!  And he does CPR the new way, I had to learn it the old way, mouth to mouth, as a hotel employee we were all trained on first aid and received a first aid certificate and CPR certificate.  Thankfully I have never come into a situation where I have had to use it.  But I practice in my mind the steps, the trick is to remember the beat of the song "Staying Alive" as you do the chest compressions, it is just the right rate.  I have only saved one man's life in my life, not heroically, I just did my duty. 

I was working doing business systems training at a Holidome in Ft. Collins Colorado when I heard a muffled sound outside one of the hotel room doors, I was off my shift and it was late evening.  I had to put my ear to the door and I heard a man faintly moaning and crying for help.  I noted the room number, rushed to my trainees at the hotel front desk, and told them a man was having a crisis.  They called the first responders and he was rescued, he had fallen and was struggling to breathe,

As a diabetic I know what he had gone thru and in 2017 I fell outside a local strip mall and some people poured out of a bar to rescue me, saving my life, I had a diabetic seizure.   So karma warmly paid me back, an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth in a positive way.

John

• Like 1