Sign in to follow this  
dogs53

New Computer

I recently purchased a new, higher powered computer and have loaded both FSX and P3Dv4 to it.  As my finances allow, I plan to purchase some of the PMDG aircraft for P3Dv4, and  I see that there have been a number of postings on the need to deactivate the existing licenses on the PMDG products that I now have in FSX on the old computer before installing them on the new computer's FSX.  Is this really necessary in that the old computer now doesn't have a monitor, keyboard, or internet access?  I replaced it with the new computer. 

If it is, I imagine that I could put it back in place, deactivate everything and then put the new computer back in place.  If it is necessary, how do I do that?  I was told that there was a link on the website that describes the process, but I have been unable to find it.  Can someone let me know if it is necessary?  And if so, how to do it? 

Thanks 

Bob LeBoeuf (dogs53)

New Orleans, LA

You are allowed to officially have 2 computers with the same addon being installed on it. So there is no urgent need to deactivate it. However you might run into problems when you try to activate it a third time if you do significant changes to your hardware. Anyway, if it really goes bad, you can still deactivate it ob the old pc or ask the pmdg support for help if you cant resolve it yourself. They are very kind and helpful.

Just to add to Marc's post, you're allowed to have the licenses active on two computers as long as you don't use the plane on both computers at the same time, which in your case, you most likely won't be doing this anyhow.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.