Sign in to follow this  
Bob R

2 questions (Aerosoft Airbus and NavData)

Hi,

First issue I have is that MCE doesn't seem to recognize my Aerosoft Airbus Professional installation. With P3D 4.4 loaded up, sitting in the a320, when I activate MCE it begins loading, but then gives me a message about the aircraft not being recognized and then closes.

I have checked in the cfgPaths.dat file and there's no entry for the airbus. I tried to manually enter it, but it must get overwritten when starting MCE. I am assuming it would be detected if it were installed in the default P3D simobjects folder, which it is not. Aerosoft (and Lockheed Martin) recommends to not install it into the sim folder.

Second thing is about the NavData. Is there some way to update this information to keep it up to date? I have a Navigraph subscription and ran the AIRAC utility, but nothing comes up for MCE. I would assume there's a way to manually handle this?

Thanks,

-Bob

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

31 minutes ago, Bob R said:

Hi,

First issue I have is that MCE doesn't seem to recognize my Aerosoft Airbus Professional installation. With P3D 4.4 loaded up, sitting in the a320, when I activate MCE it begins loading, but then gives me a message about the aircraft not being recognized and then closes.

I have checked in the cfgPaths.dat file and there's no entry for the airbus. I tried to manually enter it, but it must get overwritten when starting MCE. I am assuming it would be detected if it were installed in the default P3D simobjects folder, which it is not. Aerosoft (and Lockheed Martin) recommends to not install it into the sim folder.

Second thing is about the NavData. Is there some way to update this information to keep it up to date? I have a Navigraph subscription and ran the AIRAC utility, but nothing comes up for MCE. I would assume there's a way to manually handle this?

Thanks,

-Bob

Where (Path) did you install the Aerosoft Airbus Pro to?

I have a drive just for addons (F:), entirely separate from the p3d drive (D:). I have it installed on that F drive. 

For example, the A318/A319 is installed in: F:\Aerosoft Aircraft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1

On 1/23/2019 at 3:20 AM, Bob R said:

I have a drive just for addons (F:), entirely separate from the p3d drive (D:). I have it installed on that F drive. 

For example, the A318/A319 is installed in: F:\Aerosoft Aircraft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional

OK thanks.

Please go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ folder and open "add-ons.cfg" using Notepad.

You should see a number of sections labeled [Package.1], [Package.2] etc..

Create a new section in sequence, where X is the next number after the last section.

[Package.X]
PATH= F:\Aerosoft Aircraft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
TITLE=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=false

After that, MCE should be able to locate aircraft.

Gerald,

No dice. Those entries already exist within the add-ons.cfg file in that particular folder.

[Package.0]
Path=F:\Aerosoft Aircraft\Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A320-A321 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
[Package.1]
Path=F:\Aerosoft Aircraft\Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Title=Aerosoft A318-A319 Professional
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Edited by Bob R

-Bob

Managed to get MCE working with the Aerosoft bus by manually adding the paths to the config file and adding the "NoScan=1" line to the MCE.ini file.

A suitable workaround for now, but MCE needs to be updated to recognize aircraft installed outside of the main sim folder.

This now leaves the question of updating the NavData. How can this be accomplished?

Edited by Bob R

-Bob

I can live with the Airbus workaround for now, but the question of updating airport data/navdata remains unanswered. Any way to update those files?

Thanks.

-Bob