Sign in to follow this  
Vineguy

Panel for default B737-800 with call outs.

I like to fly the default B737 from FSX using P3DV4.4. The only problem is that I can't find a panel that will give me altitude call outs when landing. Would anyone know of a panel that would work or perhaps changing the panel cfg. to make it work?

Thanks. Bob G.

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

1 hour ago, Vineguy said:

I like to fly the default B737 from FSX using P3DV4.4. The only problem is that I can't find a panel that will give me altitude call outs when landing. Would anyone know of a panel that would work or perhaps changing the panel cfg. to make it work?

Thanks. Bob G.

This has worked great for me... http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/109299-GPWS-gauge-V5-zip

You will have to register to download it, but it's free.

It can be installed as a "non visible gauge", it works very well, and I have used it in many freeware AC in P3D v4.4, and it should work just fine with your FSX 737.

It will require you to manually edit the Vcockpit01 entry in the panel config file, but it's very easy to do, just read the installation instructions...😎

I will give it a try. Thank you for the link etc.

It work fine, just have to figure out the settings.

Bob G.

Edited by Vineguy
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 | Intel i-7700k  4.5 Ghz | RTX 3060 | 32GB OCZ DDR3, 1330 | 35" Curved Samsung monitor. | Windows 10 Home Pro Edition Premium | Samsung 1TB SSD | Samsung 1TB SSD |  UTLive/ P3DV5.3/ SF, AS P3D5.3  MSFS 2020.

1 hour ago, Vineguy said:

I will give it a try. Thank you for the link etc.

It work fine, just have to figure out the settings.

Bob G.

Glad it worked out for you Bob. 

I only installed the "simple" non visible gauge, because all I wanted was the altitude call outs.

If you want the advanced features of the visible gauge, which is available in a popup window if you choose to install it that way, check the readme file, Rob has done a fine job of explaining how to do this, and how to use the advanced features of the visible gauge.

Please inform me how to just have the "simple" non visual gauge. I have read the read me and perhaps I am getting dense with my old age and I don't quite get it. Read it again and now I know I have edit the aircraft.cfg.

Thanks again.

Edited by Vineguy

Figured it out. Duh.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Vineguy said:

Figured it out. Duh.

No worries Bob.

Glad you got it figured out...😎