Sign in to follow this  
Gartro

Has time stood still?

Here we are at the end of January and I am intrigued by the “January Deals” listed at the US store of PC Aviator.

There are 13 developer/publisher listings (until a day or so ago, there were 12). Two are shown with no expiry date for the discounted price for the products in the listing. One has an expiry date of 5 February (the newly listed one) and another an expiry date of 31 January. However, the other nine have expiry dates well past – seven on 7 January, one on 15 January and one on 26 December (2018).

Because this is not the first month in which I have seen this type of thing (but not to this extent) on that website, that got me to wondering whether the already passed expiry dates are not operative and the discounts are still available and, if so, why have the expiry dates not been changed to reflect the current situation? If the discounts are not currently available, why are the listings still there?

I can’t test my musing by making a purchase because there are none of them I want to buy. Is there someone who has bought after the expiry date and still received the discounted price?

Gary

Thanks for a detailed explanation of the PC Aviator website.  If it shows an expiration date, one should not expect a discounted price.  When you go to purchase a product, if there is a valid discount, it will be shown in the final price.  If you do not see a discount or the discount coupon does not work, then you won't get the discounted price unless there's a mistake (and mistakes happen) where the expired discount coupon works.  In this case, you are in luck!  Which reminds me there is a MSE 50% off sale in the Bargain Hunter's Shack! 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

7 hours ago, Jim Young said:

Thanks for a detailed explanation of the PC Aviator website.  If it shows an expiration date, one should not expect a discounted price.  When you go to purchase a product, if there is a valid discount, it will be shown in the final price.  If you do not see a discount or the discount coupon does not work, then you won't get the discounted price unless there's a mistake (and mistakes happen) where the expired discount coupon works.  In this case, you are in luck!  Which reminds me there is a MSE 50% off sale in the Bargain Hunter's Shack! 

I have only bought a few payware titles from third party sites, but I still do when the price is right.  This past month I went add on crazy, five Microlights for Xplane11 and two aircraft, the Falcon 50 and Diamond 62 for P3D.  I bought the Carenado Falcon 50 which still has some bugs, for instance the NAV hold cannot be turned on rendering gps navigation impossible, but I make do with what I have until Carenado responds to my bug report.  But by and large, 90 pct or more of the Payware I buy is bug free.  The makers of the wonderful Duke finally heard my cry for help, with the help of some of the forum members here, and I have those great aircraft for P3D, RIP Real Air.  The third party vendor involved sent me links to the download after I sent them a printscreen I took of my license which was saved long ago in my email.  People harp on about direct and third party payware support but key is saving your license, or old screenshots you saved of the licensed product.  We all must remember that licensing protects the user from hackers, and the owners from income loss.

John

• Like 1