Sign in to follow this  
Beckanator

ChasePlane won't install

Greetings,

After 2+ years I just did a complete clean install of Win 10 Home on my pc. I loaded the latest version of P3Dv4. I installed VFXCentralI went to OldProp, signed in and my existing purchases all show up. I clicked on precip FX direct install and it downloaded and installed. I tried the same with ChasePlane and a popup comes up and says "ChasePlane require the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages or more recent to be installed. Please refer to your product's manual." Also, VFXCentral isn't launching automatically when I start PD3v4. I unchecked the option in preferences and then checked it again, with no luck. 

My rig meets all the requirements and I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 installed so I'm wondering what's going on. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC

Keven,

Thank you for the response. My apologies for the delayed response. 

I was able to to get the install completed. I sent a request via the PldProp website support requesting an activation reset. (https://oldprop.com/sim/support/activations/). I'm not sure if that was the 'trick.' But, I tried again the next day after submitting the request and it downloaded and activated.

Thank you again very much. Two years strong and I LOVE Chase Plane! 

Jeff, aka 'beck' 

Edited by Beckanator
Added the link...

P3Dv5 & 6 - MSFS 2020 MS Windows 10 X-64 - Intel Core i9-12900k CPU @ 3.20GHX - NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 3090Ti - 128 GB Memory - Samsung EVO 980 2 TB SSD (2)  - ORBX Global, TrueEarth, UT Live, ChasePlane, + A Hanger Full of AC