Sign in to follow this  
waynesh

Pronouncing the word "Fort"

ATC verbal references to Ft. Worth Center do not correctly pronounce the word "Fort".  I'm pretty sure this is because it is encoded into the system as "Ft. Worth" instead of "Fort Worth."

Is it possible to correct this?  I suppose this applies to other "Fort" locations like Fort Meyers or Fort Lauderdale, etc. but haven't checked.

Unfortunately, the names in the data are not consistently spelled so they can be properly "read" by a machine.

While there is logic to try and address this, the "." may be throwing it off.  I'll fix for the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

I have another for you Dave.   I think it is Read back correct but it is pronounced 'Red back correct' and not reed.

Some voices will pronounce various words out of context.  Read is one of  those words whose pronunciation and meaning is based on context and therefore will get mis-pronounced by some voices.

Dave