Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Some randoms over Texas, New Mexico and the Arizona deserts

The Eclipse and well modeled Light Sport Eurofox, Xplane11 used to have few add-ons compared to my bounty in P3DV4 but now I've almost matched my add-on count in both sims, which gives me a neverending set of new flights to plan.  My Xplane11 Orthoscenery runs from Carlsbad New Mexico and South along the Mexico/American border up into all of Arizona, parts of Texas, Nevada, and two thirds of California.  Ran out of drive space for now, until I shuffle some things to my C drive.  It is just nice to have hours upon hours of scenery available, at any speed.

John

ArPN90u.png
gTb6mIt.png
v8jk74r.png
T9lKqoa.png
ss0XGE8.png
NOua86I.png
ZTaz9dG.png
1bsKYAK.png
iU1mIb8.png
NpoKXp4.png
j8iSoZG.png
TMALqiu.png
3v9kw6G.png
kaJ1mpD.png
Q7AxjKZ.png
ngynEoc.png
7GOCrtD.png
Dx82Ga9.png

Edited by John_Cillis
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Your scenery seems to have already covered a good chunk of the region to both east and west of your home-state, John. That's so nice! It looks like you're able to shuffle the data, so you can fly for hours across all these interesting states...

And, you have posted this Eurofox before, but this plane always strikes one as a truly sharp-looking "fun" plane for VFR...so reminiscent of the venerable Cub/Super Cub...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P_7878 said:

Your scenery seems to have already covered a good chunk of the region to both east and west of your home-state, John. That's so nice! It looks like you're able to shuffle the data, so you can fly for hours across all these interesting states...

And, you have posted this Eurofox before, but this plane always strikes one as a truly sharp-looking "fun" plane for VFR...so reminiscent of the venerable Cub/Super Cub...

So true, and it comes in three flavors--floats, taildragger and tri gear.  The Eurofox and aircraft like it (The Rans S6, the XAir H, the Kitfox) were supposed to be the epitomy of light sport, entry level 40-50,000 aircraft that you could buy like an SUV, with good useful load due to their light weight and a good deal of range, Phoenix to Vegas, or Phoenix to Orange County, or Wine Country to Socal, and that is how I modeled my Ortho scenery, it gives me a choice to fly from the very slow speeds to the very high speeds and still have different but photoreal experience every time.  I do have autogen overlays for the photo scenery but I do not like it because it hides most of the scenery I wanted to create.  Once one is a thousand feet AGL or so, autogen starts to fade and only the very tall buildings stand out, which are already included in both Xplane11 and P3DV4, and FSX of course.

John

What a great flight, John. I'm a photoscenery fanatic myself and for XP11 it's so easy to generate nice scenery. I just bought a 3TB HDD, that might hopefully last for a bit before it's full 😉

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080