Sign in to follow this  
Ace9

Augusta EH101v2 working in P3Dv4, almost.. Help Please

Hi folks.

I have managed to get David Robles Helio the August EH101v2 working in P3Dv4, it is a greatly improved version of the default FSX EH101 which was unfinished by MS. It works flawlessly in FSX-Steam.

Having purchased P3Dv4, I have added it using the add-on.xml approch with effects and sound; all is working well.... but no instruments are displayed in the glass cockpit.

I have heard many reports that default FSX AC do not work in P3Dv4, is it possible to get the glass cockpit working.

Many thanks

Roger

Try moving the gauges into the sim's ..\Gauges folder.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Bill for the reply.

I did consider this option, the gauges from the default FSX EH101 would also need to be added.

But the way I understand P3Dv4 addon.xml to function should not require adding directly to a P3D folder. The gauge folder inserted via an addon.xml should work the same way as adding the gauges directly to the folder (running the risk of overwriting newer files with older ones.)

Having said that, I have just manually checked and there only 3 files in the E101 folder which are not in the P3D folder already.. 

I shall dabble and see if I can get it to work...

Tally Ho,

Roger

If any of the gauges are .gau type, they will not work in P3Dv4 simply because they are only 32 bit compiled. P3Dv4.x requires 64 bit compiled gauges.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi again. The gauges are *.*dll files, namely EH101.dll - FA-18.dll - Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll 

all other required files are native to P3Dv4...

IF they are DLL files from a 32-bit sim... they won't work in P3D v4.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks Ed, I was unaware of this... Its a shame because this base Helio conversion by David Robles is quite fantastic... but now I have 1 reason to keep FSX on the PC. Unless they can be rewritten for 64bit?? I would not have a clue...

Thanks 

Rog 

UPDATE.

Some how via the Polar route I stumbled upon "David Robles" You Tube page, most folk would probably looked for that in the first place, this may be why sometimes I think I may be depraving a village of an word not allowed, but then again an mans gotta know his limitations right? Mine clearly is searching the internet..

There I fond this new rendition of the Augusta EH101 Merlin with new FSX/P3D (added 26th June 2015 hopefully 64bit ready) gauges and to boot, she is right here in the Avsim Library.... there is a youtube video to have a look see as well..

I am yet to see it the superb 22 Sqd - RAF "Rescue" livery will fit snugly... and nice to have auto hover etc... as is the case with the original...