Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

More fine freeware

I had to pay for Carenado's 310 for P3DV4.4  I found a simple but nice freeware 310R for Xplane11, she looks great in the air and handles well.  Also, a great freeware Cub, the first Light Sport aircraft way back when, it handles great for a taildragger, it is not easy to groundloop unless you try real hard....

John

exmkFGK.png
WVveH1R.png
JafGTek.png
oQaRNNu.png
u9FN1CL.png
wZsfDyJ.png
ZeaMY4r.png
kmMB0pB.png
7bdSjul.png
MpuG2Kk.png
4fuADMk.png
UI30Jx5.png
IAK4C4P.png
OvAldrk.png

• Like 2

Is that the free cub from .org ? I have it . wish someone could mod the sound on that one.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

8 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Is that the free cub from .org ? I have it . wish someone could mod the sound on that one.

Yeah, the sound is a bit off but I can live with it, the aircraft is so nice otherwise, great for flying over photoscenery...

There is an excellent freeware Super Cub at .org with its own sound file. I popped the sound file into the Cub's Aircraft folder, and it sounded better, but wrong somehow. I then realised that it sounds wrong because the Cub never achieves its design RPM of 2475. I then opened the Cub in Planemaker and increased the "throttle available at max lever" parameter until 2475 was achieved. Bizarrely the number that works is 1.4, so there is something wrong in the engine or propeller modelling. However, the result of the above is a much nicer sound, and a livelier performance.

Edited by Wightleal
  • Like 1