Sign in to follow this  
737Andi

How to engage Center and Right autopilot?

Hello,

I just cant figure out how to engage the center and right autopilot.

Engaging the left autopilot works fine. F/D are both on.

Thanks!

Best regards Andreas

click on it? 

if they really don't work it might be a corrupted panel state. 

Do you load your sim (which one, btw?) with the default airplane? Do you start the PMDG flight with default panel state (engines running) and THEN switch to a panel state of your choice? If not, please try that. loading the sim and the flight with any values already set can break it. 

Clicking on it only activates the left one. I'm using the virtual cockpit with the newest version of the PMDG 747-400 v3.

My sim is P3D v4.3. I'm starting everything from cold and dark. 

I guess i found it out myself. Engagement of the center and right autopilot is only possible during landing phase.

No, they are selectable individually whenever you want to. Normally the Captain uses the left AP and the FO uses the right one. 

when it's not working for you then please check first that you do load the plane as I have explained above. You're probably not a regular reader here, but things like that happen quite often when the airplane is loaded in any other panel state than the default one. Set the CDU options to default state, close the sim, load it with the F22 turning in the preview window, switch to the 747, load the flight and then. AFTER the airplane has completed its 20 second initialization, activate your Cold and Dark state. Let it initialize again and THEN start your flight from there. That will make sure the airplane loads correctly. 

Andreas, welcome to PMDG info heaven. I hope you don't get discouraged, this is a wonderful group, with tons of knowledge and experience. You only need to press one autopilot button to activate the autopilot after take-off. The 747 has three to choose from. I read somewhere that the middle one is usually selected, so that is my usual choice. The other two will activate when selecting APR during the landing phase. Just one is needed for normal flight. Hope this helps and hope you have many happy hours with the Queen!

Regards,

Scott SInclair