Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil56

Milviz F-15E in P3D v4.4....??

Has anybody had success using the Milviz F-15E in P3D v4.4..??

I know it's not "officially" compatible, but it never hurts to try, and i've had some success using other "FSX only" add on AC with P3D v4 in the past, so I just thought I would throw this out there and see what I can find out....

I copied the entire folder from FSX over to P3D v4.4 (because it won't install natively in P3D), and it loads up normally from the aircraft selection menu, the external model and panel display and look just fine, but it starts up dead "cold and dark" with the engines off and no power for the instruments....

The MV F-15E has a "quick start" button on the lower left "arm side" panel in FSX which works fine, but it's non-functional for me in P3D v4.4, and I can't get the engines started no matter what i've tried..

I just feel like if I could somehow get the engines running it might just possibly work to some degree, perhaps not with 100% functionality, but it's better than waiting for their F-15C model, and who knows when that might come....

Any info or suggestions are sincerely appreciated, thanks..😎

Have a look in the panel folder for gauges names , if you have not copied them it wont work at all, if the gauges are .dll it wont work as they would be 32bits , if they are .xml copy them across and also any effects and have a go ..may work ..I don't have the AC.

Jorge

All the gauges are contained in cabinet files in the panel folder, and these were copied over in their entirety when I copied the MilViz F-15E folder from FSX over to P3D. Thanks anyway..

A quick shows both file types are associated with the MilViz F-15E. The gauge xml files are part of the F15E_Gauges.cab and there is a file called Eagle_Systems.dll. 

Keith Guillory

48 minutes ago, flyerkg said:

A quick shows both file types are associated with the MilViz F-15E. The gauge xml files are part of the F15E_Gauges.cab and there is a file called Eagle_Systems.dll. 

Right, I get that, and all of those files were copied over to P3D v4.4, so it's not a question of missing gauge or dll files...

I even tried a "cold and dark" startup sequence step by step according to the manual, but no joy, some of the switches necessary for a normal engine start up just won't budge, so in the end I guess it's safe to say this one simply won't work without some 64 bit surgery...😏

Oh well, that's how it goes, but it was worth a try anyway......😎