Sign in to follow this  
Heathrow to Dublin

World Traffic 3 font size too small!?

Right click on a blank part of your screen and select medium text however that means that all text now will be medium 

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

Ok, so I didn't find the right click menu, where is it? Nothing happens when I right click the screen.  Are you talking about clicking on the WT interface or on the main X-Plane window?

Anyway, I went ahead and adjusted the text size in the settings menu and that had no effect whatsoever on the WT interface.  I'm regretting my purchase.

Anything better than this joke of a program out there?  30 bucks for this seems ludicrous if you have a 4k screen ( which is getting quite common now) and don't have amazing vision.  I'm seriously unhappy with it.

Compared to the offerings over at P3D, this can't compare. 30 bucks and I can't even read the text without a magnifying glass.  Compare that to UT Live and its nice interface.  I think it's a major rip off at that price for the quality being offered.  I'm gutted.  I also asked the dev over at the .org and he just blamed it on a Laminar bug, LMFAO.

Edited by Heathrow to Dublin

How about you dial down the drama and set your screen to 1080p. As you don't seem to have "amazing vision", the difference will be marginal (and performance much better).

This is the devs comment on font size, in contrary to your allegation:

"I already have comments in the 3.1.10R post and as I mentioned I'll be switching to the new LR menu system which should make it easier to see the menus on these new HD monitors. I only have a couple of comments about it so didn't realize it was an issue until a few weeks ago."

Edited by Colonel X
  • Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

How about you mind your own business?

And setting a 4k screen to 1080p is a non-starter, and a major waste.  You must be dumb if you think I will be doing that.  I said I didn't have amazing vision to see that tiny text "comfortably", not that I couldn't tell the difference between resolutions.

And finally, the last comment the dev posted (directly in response to me) that I saw before making this complaint on here was a one liner about how it was just a Laminar bug.  It was a glib and curt comment without much empathy and without any advice at all.  Not exactly the most customer friendly dev in the world!  Your defense of the dev is short sighted as it ignores his initial  brusque response to my concerns regarding the font issue.  The feact that he may have added some info at a later point has no relevance to my post here.  I decided not to return to the .org to check as I had no desire to get into an argument with a dev at that time.

The software was 30 bucks and the font is extremely small unless you get your eyes right up next to the screen (not going to happen). 

So again, keep your nose out of others affairs. 

Sounds like you have an agenda regarding this product with the way you launched that attack on me.  I think you can be safely ignored.

Edited by Heathrow to Dublin

I was just providing a legit workaround for your issue. Maybe it's not what you wanted to hear, but I've had good results running a 4K screen in 1080p, especially considering the performance gains. If that's no option for you, alright, no need to become offensive.

As for "my agenda" concerning World Traffic and it's dev, well, you know Greg is coding World Traffic in his spare time, and he's also a very decent and helpful guy - he has been responding to customer requests for years. And in this case, it's one of the fixes that will be included in one of the next releases. So yeah, I think you should relax a little.

• Upvote 3

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

On 3/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, Heathrow to Dublin said:

Anything better than this joke of a program out there?

boy you need to take a break, count to 10, relax, watch a movie, chillout, have a walk or something. 

This kind of comments are NOT going to help you in any way.

• Like 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo