Sign in to follow this  
cbrown

Loss of default airports

I appear to have lost most of the default airports and gained a mass of autogen trees and old buildings. I've tried changing seasons without it helping. It seems to be on most continents. When I go to "Go to Airport", there is only a choice of a handful of airports, eg. 42 for the whole of Canada, 46 for UK, etc. The only recent additions have been a couple of AIA a/c for traffic.

Add-on scenery seems to work ok. World /scenery/asia etc. still seems to have all the APxxxx files they always had.  If I use JABBGL, I can find all the airports which don't show up in "Go to Airport" which seems to confirm that all the APxxxx files are still there and intact. I can't think of any texture file changes apart from the AIA traffic which i thought shouldn't affect scenery.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.   Thanks.

Colin B

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there Colin B,

Judging by your story it seems very likely that you have somehow de-activated some of your default entries in your scenery library and especially because your JABBgl program can find all the APnnnnnn.bgl files normally.

I would suggest that you go into your main scenery.cfg file within your root FS2004 folder and check if there are any entries specifying a "FALSE" for your default scenery entries, begining with e.g. Asia, etc ......if found at all.

There's also the possibility that your scenery.cfg file has become corrupt and/or unfixable, in which case you will most probably need to re-install your FS2004.

Do you not have a recent backup of your scenery.cfg file somewhere because any unexplainable difference in their sizes will immediately point to corruption of your existing version.

Good luck

Hans

• Like 1

The problem was the Scenery.cfg.  I have several to cover different areas and made a new one to test a couple of sceneries on their own.  You were right.  I had missed out a default scenery entry.  Once corrected, everything is back to normal.

Thank you very much for the pointer. The last thing I wanted to do was re-install everything. It's amazing what one missing entry will do!  Thank you again.

Colin B