F737NG

Ai Aircraft Tweaker - request new functionality

Hi Oliver,

I'm using a combination of UT Live using FLAi models and AIG's AIM-OCI for my AI traffic.
My setup had custom AI sounds added for each aircraft, using the line soundai=  under [General] in aircraft.cfg

Whenever there is an update for either, the aircraft.cfg for each AI model is re-written. Sometimes the line sound= appears, most of the time it doesn't. Both of which is wrong.

Can l request an amendment to AI Aircraft Tweaker be made, to change aircraft.cfg files in a similar way to the 'Add radios to aircraft' function, but for soundai= please? It would save a lot of effort.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I can't find the "soundai=" tag anywhere in the simulator specs, neither in P3D nor FSX: Are you sure that it does anything?

I am using third party AI sounds too (those from Flight1), but the method to assign them is rather simple: parallel to the "sound" folder in the aircraft directory I create a folder "soundai" which has a "soundai.cfg" instead of the "sound.cfg". Format and everything else is the same. No changes to the aircraft.cfg are required. Other example: when using a normal user aircraft as AI I do the same - just make a copy of the "sound" folder, name it "soundai" and rename the "sound.cfg" in the new folder to "soundai.cfg".

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

Ok, thanks. I can do that.

Some modellers have entered a line for sound= for each aircraft under every [fltsim.xx] in the aircraft.cfg.
Do you have a solution for those instances?

6 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Ok, thanks. I can do that.

Some modellers have entered a line for sound= for each aircraft under every [fltsim.xx] in the aircraft.cfg.
Do you have a solution for those instances?

What exactly does that look like? TMBK that tag is used if you have different sound folders for the same user controlled aircraft. Works just like model=, panel= and texture=. I can't see how that would matter for AI sound though, especially if there is the "soundai" folder with config file in place. You can use aliasing in the config files to make things easier. 

Best regards

• Upvote 1