Sign in to follow this  
mypupdaisy

Transitions Don't Line Up

Hi all. I purchased Carenado's DA62 G1000 with Synthetic Vision. I took off from Deervalley Airport in Phoenix AZ (KDVT) and got up to FL5400 which is the starting elevation for runway 7L transition. Set the G1000 for a flight plan back to KDVT. Selected procedures, approach, then loaded GPS RNAV for runway 7R, which has a transition starting at BANYO (approx. 6m north of the airport). I checked at flightaware.com and this is a correct plate for this runway. Once near BANYO, I activated the procedure, then selected ANAV on the AP and the DA62 pulled right in and followed the transition all the way around until it lined up with the runway and here's where the problem is. It lines up about 100' north of the runway. The Synthetic Vision even shows the runway about 100' to the right of me. If I do nothing, it wants to set the plane down in the grass. I have to turn off AP and line it up myself. I've tested this on other airports I fly at (KCNY, KRIW, etc). It either lines up about 100' north of the runway or if the runway is along the east-west attitude, then the transition lines up about 100' south.

I'm only using the original FSX terrain. Do I need to update my terrain to fix this? Is there something about the G1000 that needs to be adjusted to correct this?

Thanks for any help or thoughts.

Specs: FSX w/SP2. Windows 10 64bit with the latest updates. MSI GS63VR Laptop 6RF w/16GB of RAM. NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 w/6GB of memory.

Not sure if this is it, but if the airport/navdata on the G1000 doesn't agree with the airport/navdata of the FSX airport you may have the type of issues you describe.

Remember, the FSX data is now 12-13 years old.  In that time the magnetic heading of the runways, etc. will likely have changed.

Depending on how the dates on your G1000 you may want to update the FSX data with something like  the freeware FSX/P3D Navaids Update or the payware Navigraph and/or fsAerodata.

I don't have Synthetic Vision, so best to wait for a Carenado user to chime in before making a purchasing decision if that's what is ultimately required.

Ernie

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

Thanks @airernie, I grabbed the "freeware FSX/P3D Navaids Update" for right now to see if it helps any. Thanks again.

You didn't actually mean 5,400,000 ft?  That's in space!  😉

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.