Sign in to follow this  

I've looked till my vision went blurry a few times already comparing flight sticks, their features, economy, function ...and I would be grateful for some insight as to the practicality of a 'POV' stick on the flight controller [in xp11] ... as opposed to an 8 position Hat Switch - which I was just about to buy ... when I was presented with this model with a very small POV 'stick' in place of the Hat Switch.

I am not sure this works in XP? Can I use this function, this mini joystick, to 'look around' smoothly -just as if right clicked with my mouse? [seems a nice feature if yes 🙂].

I know its a pretty basic question, but, I'd regret buying the stick only to learn its not supported, so thank you - very much, for the help... 

The answer will really help me decide between two models ... I really do want to be able to 'look around' smoothly. Thanks in advance ..

He is referring to the mini sticks located on the sides of one particular Joystick (e.g. X56 HOTAS has one "Tumb"-Stick on the Joystick and one such Thumbstick on the throttle).

A HAT switch has 8 positions (clicks). Some Joysticks have like "mini-Joysticks" on the joystick itself. They have no clicks.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

12 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Yeah I know, I was hoping to get a model to refer to.

Chris

Sorry is missunderstood you. Since the OP was talking about a general thing (he was comparing Joysticks) I thought you were asking about that particular "mini stick"...

Nevertheless, I'm in the same state as the OP with the only difference that I already made my decision and purchased the redone X56. I was unable to assign those "mini sticks" movement to the PAN function in P3D (no FSUIPC). I'm not sure if it can be done in XP which is the SIM platform of the OP....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Its ok, he did state he was about to buy one particular model with a small stick in place of the hat, that's why I was asking which model. I'm curious about which one it was as I've never seen one mounted there.

Cheers