Sign in to follow this  
PebbleBeach

Imaginesim and the likes

Does anyone know why software companies such as Imaginesim and the likes do not permit us to purchase their FS9 legacy products?

You can simply send them an E-Mail. They replied within a few hours, sent me a paypal adress and then sent the requested scenery.

Thanks Nick,

But why have to send an email? Why not just add a link for their legacy products and allow us to purchase as normal? And its not just Imaginesim. Many others.

Mitch

Maybe don't want their current products represented by their old?

I like that some developers make their old stuff freeware. If I ever purchase later on, I look for things like this and look to support such developers.

Mark Daniels

On 4/7/2019 at 2:14 AM, PebbleBeach said:

Why not just add a link for their legacy products and allow us to purchase as normal? And its not just Imaginesim. Many others.

They probably don’t want to sell it so that they won’t have to offer support for it. I think a few developers have said that was the reason they’ve completely removed FS9 products from sales pages. Although they could still sell it with a disclaimer that they won’t offer support.

Another reason could be that some of the airports could be out of date as far a terminals, runways, etc. and they don’t want to put something on the market that doesn’t reflect what is current today.

I suppose each developer has their own reason and you’d probably have to email each one to get an accurate reason aside from our guessing.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator