Sign in to follow this  
DaveRuk

747 Immersion problems

During the past month I've been attempting to resolve/seek help regarding unexpected issues with the 747 Immersion product.
Prior to this I was very happy with the 747 enhancement, much as I enjoy the other OldProp products I have purchased.

Please note that I have been using P3D v4.4 for some time, and there had not been any problems until recently. I've added no other products to my sim system either.

Main initial symptom was heavy wing condensation showing, when the aircraft had landed and was static. At the same time I noted that tyre smoke effects were affected too, mostly not happening at all.
The only way too stop it was to kill Immersion Manager. Not ideal.

It was suggested that I reinstall Immersion Manager on the same drive as my OS. I did this, carefully, using admin privileges and rebooting my system between steps taken. There was no improvement with the issue, despite other FX in the product working as they should e.g. contrails. I supplied the log that was available at the time.

Further tests on my part showed the issue continuing to happen, but I was also seeing engine condensation with the aircraft static. Out of interest I stopped the 747 engines but that effect still continued, as did the wingcon.

The next thing I noticed was that in-flight, expected FX were not present. On checking I spotted that Immersion Manager had stopped running in the background, with no warnings to advise of an issue.

At my wits end, I decided to remove all OldProp products in an orderly fashion, reboot my system, and then start from scratch. Each product was installed to the OS drive using admin privileges. Testing the new installation my hopes were lifted briefly as in-flight FX were fine, but I am now back where I started a month ago, with wingcon and fine trails showing when static. I've supplied screenshots and the latest logfile, but have heard nothing back.

I really don't know what to try next, and would welcome your thoughts and suggestions.

regards

Dave

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...

Hi Dave,

We have just published an update to Immersion Manager. We are confident this version fixes the issue you reported.

Simply run Immersion Manager to get the latest update.

Let us know your experience with this update!

Best Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

18 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi Dave,

We have just published an update to Immersion Manager. We are confident this version fixes the issue you reported.

Simply run Immersion Manager to get the latest update.

Let us know your experience with this update!

Best Regards,
Keven

Hi Keven
I've responded directly, but for the benefit of others watching this issue, I carried out the update as described, and a quick test flight shows the FX are working well, without wingcon when stationary 😎

Regards
Dave

• Like 1

i7-8700k, Asus TUF Z-390 Plus Gaming, Corsair H45, GTX1060/6, 16GB.  SSDx2, HDDx1, Win10/64, P3D v4.5, lots of bolt-ons...