Proeller

Database Error after Domain Change

Hi,

I was running Pilot2ATC without problem until I moved my machine to another domain and migrated my user account accordingly.

Since then, I get the following error when starting P2ATC:

Unable to initialize Database.
An exception has been raised that is likely due to a transient failure... 
The underlying provider failed on open.

After this error, P2ATC starts, but no airports are shown.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled P2ATC but no change.

When I login with another account, I can start P2ATC with no error, but restricted as trial license.

I suspect, that there is some old connection string / credentials stored somewhere which is no longer valid. But I don't know how to get rid of it.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Ulrich

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ulrich,

Your initial problem with the Microsoft DB might have been solved by running the program as Admin by right clicking on the icon or program file and selecting "Run as administrator" from the menu.  You can also change a property to always run as administrator.

Now that you've uninstalled and reinstalled to a different user account, I will need to reset your license key so it can be used again.  Please send me your license key to admin@pilot2atc.com so I can reset it.  DO NOT post it here.

If have additional issues with database errors after getting the program registered again and running as Admin, send me a screenshot of the error message box via email and I'll work with you to resolve it.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I have just switched to the Administrator account to check if the problem persists with another account. I do not want to run it normally under this account, so I don't think, that it is necessary to reset the license.

I have already tried to run P2ATC as administrator, but this did not solve the problem either.

I will send you the screenshot of the error message.

Ulrich