Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

777X interior

Although I have never flown on a 777, my ex boss did between ORD and Delhi and back, even traveling over Russia inbound to Delhi.  Hopefully the 777X won't have the teething pains of the the latest 737 or the 787 when it was launched.  It is good airlines are focusing on the interior and also the pressurization to make long hauls more manageable for the passengers.  It would be great if the extra width could be translated to individual armrests for economy passengers, making meals easier to handle in flight since elbowing of other passengers is uncool in flight.  My worst flight was when an overweight passenger was seated next to me and was an armrest hog, finally I had to get aggressive and elbow him back until he got the message I was entitled to my space and his weight was his problem, not mine.

John

7 hours ago, John_Cillis said:

It is good airlines are focusing on the interior and also the pressurization to make long hauls more manageable for the passengers.  It would be great if the extra width could be translated to individual armrests for economy passengers, 

Sadly I think there is little chance of that happening John. If you look at the current generation of 777s, airlines such as American, United, Air Canada and Air France are already reconfiguring some of their 777s from a 3-3-3 seating arrangement in economy to a 3-4-3 layout. I fear the same changes might affect other airliners with economy seating for example on the A330 going from the current relatively comfortable 2-4-2 layout up to a 3-3-3 configuration. I personally am not too worried about seat width, unless someone large overflows from the seat beside me as you describe, but, at 6ft 4ins tall, seat pitch particularly on long haul flights is a bigger concern for me!

Bill