Sign in to follow this  
Airline2Sim

Airline2Sim Airbus Cadet Program - Alpine Scenery advice

Hi guys,

As part of our upcoming Airbus Cadet Program, we're going to do a series of almost real-time line flights around the Alpine region - from Nice to Geneva, across to Milan, down to Palma de Mallorca and then back to Nice. All in a day's work for a Euro low-cost airline!

I want this to look as good as possible and I've been looking into the various meshes and photo sceneries available for this part of the world. We have some decent airports to work with - JustSim Nice v4, Jetstream Milan, FSDT Geneva is a little old but still looks good and Aerosoft Palma has photoreal for the whole island of Mallorca so that's already covered. 

I know France VFR has a 'regional' series that will enhance the Cote D'Azur region nicely and will give us those ground landmarks along the promenade in Nice to help us nail down the RNAV visual circle onto RWY 04L, but as far as the wider Alpine region goes that stretches up into Switzerland and across into Italy, I'm a bit lost. Can any Alpine simmers help me out with some recommendations for scenery enhancements (mesh, photo scenery etc) for the North of Italy, the Alps and the East of Switzerland?

Here's a snip of the three routes - NCE-GVA/GVA-LIN-LIN-PMI, which actually barely touches any of Switzerland in reality.

58444788_2189407844475683_60801760360398

And here's your line training ship PH-CAM in euroJet livery, fresh out the paintshop in Malta. Appreciate the help in advance guys....

57736470_337040147000931_394065914864703

58376442_372212423382779_382776623821435

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Hello Ben,

I am using the 4,75m mesh from FranceVFR, they have it for all of Europe. On top of that their photoreal sceneries that cover Alpes/Rhone area and Corsica too. Then the old Switzerland Professional scenery (or the MegaSceneryEarth one for variety), and the MegaSceneryEarth Italy. Video will require a lot of editing though, since coloration of the various sat images don't always match up, not even in the same product. And for your route you should consider adding a good LIMJ, which is a great view from above (and as a destination). I think I have an Aerosoft product for that.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

6 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Ben,

I am using the 4,75m mesh from FranceVFR, they have (had?) it for all of Europe. On top of that their photoreal sceneries that cover Alpes/Rhone area and Corsica too. Then the old Switzerland Professional scenery (or the MegaSceneryEarth one for variety), and the MegaSceneryEarth Italy. Video will require a lot of editing though, since coloration of the various sat images don't always match up, not even in the same product. And for your route you should consider adding a good LIMJ, which is a great view from above (and as a destination). I think I have an Aerosoft product for that.

Best regards

I forgot about Switzerland Professional - that’s worth looking into for sure. We do venture up to Zürich later in the series so that’s probably a good investment. 

So france VFR photo scenery and mesh, CH professional and MSE Italy. Sounds good. Genoa might be worth getting but I think at that point we’re going to be so high that it’s likely not going to look very good. 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Are you aware of this?

https://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

Italy is stunning, the rest of Europe is not too bad also.

It is freeware for personal use only. But maybe you can ask for permission to use it commercially. Not sure if this is possible, but maybe worth a try. If not: MSE Italy.

Edited by RALF9636