Sign in to follow this  
Jem777

AIRAC NAVIGRAPH files

G’Day guys and girls

my first post. A quick question about AIRAC and Navigraph. Are they the same thing? From what i read online i think they are. Im using Little Navmap with X Plane 11. In LNM in the main toolbar it says AIRAC 1904 which is right and then below it has Navigraph which shows an older version. So how do i update the Navigraph files in XP11? 

I selected Do not use Navigraph and it still works fine so im not sure whats up.

Thanks

The latest Airac just came out yesterday 1905.It comes from Navigraph.Every month a new Airac comes out.

It is not free.

You can still use the current 1904 that you have. It will become obs elite eventually and then you will need a new one.

Hope this helps, Nebojsa

Thanks Nebojsa

ive got it sorted. As it turns out, LNM uses navdata from both X Plane 11 and its own navdata. I updated the navdata in LNM and now they are both on the same version. In fact there is no point in updating the data in LNM as its the same as in X Plane 11.

On 4/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, Jem777 said:

ive got it sorted. As it turns out, LNM uses navdata from both X Plane 11 and its own navdata. I updated the navdata in LNM and now they are both on the same version. In fact there is no point in updating the data in LNM as its the same as in X Plane 11.

well yes and no.... and maybe.

Don't quote me but I think that XP11 uses airac 1611 and I think P3D uses 1603 as the default ect.. so if you are using any flight planning tool they also have to be on the same cycle. You can tell LNM to not use any navigraph data and get the data from the sim ect... but that in turn makes using updated flight planning and charts more difficult to "match".

In a perfect world it would be ideal if the Simulator, LNM and the GPS would all update to the latest navigraph cycle but it's not as easy. For example the GTN 750's get updated every 18 months or so and right now it's locked in at 1803. The simulator like FSX/P3D need to be updated through fsaerodata for example, and then you have LNM, SimBrief, PFPX, FMS, Aivlasoft EFB ect...

If you are NOT using the GTN750 and using Navigraph then you can update the P3D/LNM database and have all charts, navaids and procedures match. I don't know if you can or can't update the aiarc clycles in XP11.

In my case I use the GTN750 so I want the GTN/P3D/LNM and chart cycles to match as closely as possible and then not update it until the GTN's get updated 18 months later, the only minor issue is that when I use Navigraph the charts get updated with the latest cycles. So I have the GTN750 at 1803, P3D and LNM at 1901 and Navigraph Charts at 1905. Not perfect but close enough.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD