Sign in to follow this  
Manny

FSX Water Textures

The water textures are nice with the reflection an all.But is there movement in the water? meaning... will the surge be animated?Any ideas?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest tdragger

See my reply in feng's thread.

I am very much impressed by the latest water videos (with the oil rig) and I have been a very vocal critic. Colors, texture, reflections all look very good, nothing is overdone. Also no more ugly neon-like water colors. Water movement is at the bottom of my priority list - a pilot can hardly notice any water movement from altitude.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/for...argo_hauler.gifhttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg

"If you look closely in this video, the water do move."I didn't even pay attention to the water. I just wanted to get off the rig and was getting stressed over another reason for a spike in oil prices :)

LOL:)Manny

Manny

Thx.Saw that.Manny

Manny

>I am very much impressed by the latest water videos (with the>oil rig) and I have been a very vocal critic. Colors, texture,>reflections all look very good, nothing is overdone. Also no>more ugly neon-like water colors. Water movement is at the>bottom of my priority list - a pilot can hardly notice any>water movement from altitude.>>Michael J.True to some extent.But if you are GA pilot with a sea rating. Those Swells and wake and Surge is "As real as it gets".And I am glad TD said that they are working on it.;)Manny

Manny