Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

RemoveAiSleepers and AIG Traffic program

Hi Oliver,

You may remember we had a discussion last year about utilising RemoveAiSleepers with MyTrafficPro. I found it really useful in removing Ai that would not be departing for many hours.

Well since then I switched to P3D v4 and had to stop using MTP as it was crashing P3D. I bought UT Live but despite the models looking much better it didn’t have the huge number of flights compared to MTP.

Yesterday I switched to Alpha India’s Ai Traffic program. It took hours to install because it is so comprehensive. This afternoon I flew KLAS to KSFO and the number of Ai was tremendous. There were over 600 present in P3D at KSFO but that includes all Ai in a 40 mile range, not just at the airport.

There are scores of separate BGLs with this package rather than just the one with MTP. Would RAiS be able to work with it? I suspect aircraft may be injected into P3D way before their departure time so would like to remove them.

I don’t know if you’ve tried this program but it’s the best I’ve come across.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hello Ray,

I am no longer using AI programs of any kind. I prefer my own LorbyLiveTraffic application with the RealTraffic online connector in "Simulator AI" mode. The other aircraft that fly in my sim are really there in the real world - and they interact properly with ATC, taxi in and out, the whole feature set.

AIG: I can't see any reason why the "remove sleepers" shouldn't work. From what you write, it is BGL based, so there is nothing to stop the app from doing its job.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver. Thanks for your reply and explanation. I shall give it a try and see what happens. For some reason I thought RAiS might only work with a single BGL.

Good luck with your own work. 👍

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 5/8/2019 at 2:06 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hi Oliver,

You may remember we had a discussion last year about utilising RemoveAiSleepers with MyTrafficPro. I found it really useful in removing Ai that would not be departing for many hours.

Well since then I switched to P3D v4 and had to stop using MTP as it was crashing P3D. I bought UT Live but despite the models looking much better it didn’t have the huge number of flights compared to MTP.

Yesterday I switched to Alpha India’s Ai Traffic program. It took hours to install because it is so comprehensive. This afternoon I flew KLAS to KSFO and the number of Ai was tremendous. There were over 600 present in P3D at KSFO but that includes all Ai in a 40 mile range, not just at the airport.

There are scores of separate BGLs with this package rather than just the one with MTP. Would RAiS be able to work with it? I suspect aircraft may be injected into P3D way before their departure time so would like to remove them.

I don’t know if you’ve tried this program but it’s the best I’ve come across.

Hi Ray, I'm tempted to try RemoveAiSleepers, I'm wondering how you got on with it?

Pete Markovic

Hi Pete,

If you're using AIG OCI aircraft there's no need for it. The flight plans are far more accurate than MyTraffic so aircraft do not sit at a gate for hour after hour. Besides which the modelling of their aircraft are so good the impact on fps is very good considering how many I have showing.

You don't say what Ai you're using. If you're running P3D v4 then go for AIG.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm using P3D v4 and AIG, very new to it and still feeling my way, but so far very happy with it. I appreciate your comment. I have Flytampa Sydney YSSY installed (My home city) and set my traffic to 100% along with all the scenery turned on. Yes, as expected it brought my frames down to under 20 FPS, but to sit back and see all those AI at the gates, arriving and departing was quite a sight 🙂 

• Like 1