Sign in to follow this  
FlyerC3

Close Windows Speech Bar

Cannot run MCE due to the message

Please close the Windows Speech Bar. MCE doesnt need it. The speech engine will run inside the NCE process.

I experimented already with the windows settings for speech recognition, no success 😞

Anyone can help ?

2 hours ago, FlyerC3 said:

Please close the Windows Speech Bar. MCE doesnt need it. The speech engine will run inside the NCE process.

I experimented already with the windows settings for speech recognition, no success 😞

Anyone can help ?

If running Windows 7 or lower, close down the speech bar.

If on Windows 10, make sure Windows Cortana (Windows built-in speech recognition)  isn't enabled.

• Like 1

I'm running win 11 and I have Cortana off and I'm still having the same issue.

I keep getting to turn off the speechbar.

Via keyboard shortcut commands, how do I do this?

Many thanks. 

Ron

On 5/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, FlyerC3 said:

Anyone can help ?

Please ignore reply to much older post

Edited by FS++

On 4/26/2022 at 3:59 AM, Blind Pilot said:

I'm running win 11 and I have Cortana off and I'm still having the same issue.

I keep getting to turn off the speechbar.

Via keyboard shortcut commands, how do I do this?

Many thanks. 

Ron

Maybe you have some accessibility tools that fire the spech engine. It's not just Cortana.

In Windows Control Panel, speech recognition applet, make sure the speech engine issn't set to automatically start when Windows boots up.

• Like 1

Many thanks.

I haven't had a chance to check up on MCE lately, but I do have the Speech to not, repeat not start up without the voice command start listening.

So, it's looking like I have turn off the speech bar issue solved.

Who would think it would be that simple?

If that is what needs to be performed to stop receiving that message when you fire up MCE?

Many Thanks. 

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot

P.S.

For MCE recommendation.

After the radio communication soulds go off.

Could then the co-pilot say hello captain, or I'm ready captain.

That way we know that our co-pilt/first officer is in the right hand starboard seat and is waiting for our first voice command?

Also, I know to press the key that's to the right of the number one key to swtich from flight mode to user mode.

But from there, the U/I isn't blind accessible.

Maybe someone here can make me eat my words and educate this old dog.

But if the blind would like to switch from say Clide to a female co-pilot, there is next to imposible via a screen reader.

But this is just my opinion.

Like I said, if a fellow blind flight simmer pilot knows a work around to access the User Interface via keyboard or voice commands?

I welcome the help and I'd be willing to eat my words. SMILES.

Just some thoughts on how to make MCE more accessible to we who need to use a screen reader to interface with our computers.

21 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

Many thanks.

I haven't had a chance to check up on MCE lately, but I do have the Speech to not, repeat not start up without the voice command start listening.

So, it's looking like I have turn off the speech bar issue solved.

Who would think it would be that simple?

If that is what needs to be performed to stop receiving that message when you fire up MCE?

Many Thanks. 

Ron AKA The Blind Pilot

P.S.

For MCE recommendation.

After the radio communication soulds go off.

Could then the co-pilot say hello captain, or I'm ready captain.

That way we know that our co-pilt/first officer is in the right hand starboard seat and is waiting for our first voice command?

Also, I know to press the key that's to the right of the number one key to swtich from flight mode to user mode.

But from there, the U/I isn't blind accessible.

Maybe someone here can make me eat my words and educate this old dog.

But if the blind would like to switch from say Clide to a female co-pilot, there is next to imposible via a screen reader.

But this is just my opinion.

Like I said, if a fellow blind flight simmer pilot knows a work around to access the User Interface via keyboard or voice commands?

I welcome the help and I'd be willing to eat my words. SMILES.

Just some thoughts on how to make MCE more accessible to we who need to use a screen reader to interface with our computers.

Forget the keyboard. There are already built-in functions to navigate the UI.

Make sure you have "PilotIsBVI=1" in "mce.ini"

Eventually, right-click anywhere on MCE UI and select "Use screen narrator" from drop-down menu.

There should be aural notifications when you enteror leave the MCE UI, Need to make small mouse moves, and every time you hit an area of interest, you get an aural explanation as to what the button does.