Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

Looking forward with FSW

Just an off the cuff question/thought here, And knowing all the while that Flightsimware just release the Falcon (which IS my biz jet for P3D and the best and only choice in my opinion) what, if anything is on the horizon moving forward?

Clearly that is a bit of a loaded question and I hate to sound like the Cliche word not allowed out there asking every developer what the next airplane is and when to expect it...thats NOT what im getting at, good things come to those who wait. Knowing that its ALOT of work to push out a proper aircraft that strikes me as a question that just simply can't be answered at this stage in the game.

However, to get to the meat and potatoes of my question...I think, and speaking for myself, one of the leading reasons the falcon is the BEST biz jet out there for sim right now is the fact that its actually one of the VERY VERY few detailed corporate Jets with size and range. lets face it, seems like everything out there right now is yet another citation or turbo prop, basically short to very medium range jets, ie puddle jumpers. now here comes the Falcon 50, finally a highly detailed and immersive corporate Jet with some range and capabilities. Finally a plane you can cross the pond with thats not another boeing or airbus.

that being said, an knowing the now age old Gulfstream cluster $%^# thats been asked about over 1.45 million times on every forum in flight sim (for those of you who dont know what im talking about, in short Gulfstream Aerospace will not allow any of their air frames to be modeled in Sim by any developer) is there any chance of Flightsimware, after impressing us with the falcon, moving in that Direction as far as a long range business jet...*cough *cough Global Express hint hint lol? in all seriousness though, Global Express being an incredible jet, maybe that or air frames of that type..Falcon 900, Falcon 7x (yes im aware of the ..well, frankly cheesy just flight/ Wilco 7x) or even a challenger (also aware of the Eaglesoft Challenger that may or may not be released before I retire, grow old and my kids get me in a nursing home with crappy wifi). 

in short, I didnt want to ask the same old silly "can we have a blah blah" question in the hopes that id be taken seriously lol...but seriously, seeing as the vast majority of this FS Market in business jets (aside from our Falcon 50) are all either puddle jumpers or BBJ airliners, what are the chances of us seeing something with 5000nm plus range like the Global or a bigger newer Falcon?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chevelle505 said:

what, if anything is on the horizon moving forward?

One current project underway that FSW has mentioned is a realistic FMC for the Lear35 (modeled after the FMC that Joe actually has in the Lear35s he flies). This is not a trivial effort since it requires substantial changes to the panel and center console in the Lear. Then hopefully, a similar FMC package for the Falcon 50.

Other than the above, I'm not at liberty to sat what is in the works. However, recognize that given the depth of systems simulation in the Falcon 50, it was a HUGE LONG TERM effort for a single person developer like FSW.

Al

• Like 1

Yeah that makes sense, especially being a one man operation. Im just hoping that the hobby in general starts to pick up in that department. Also know that at the end of the day its business..you've got to make what the majority will buy..its a shame because over the last 10 years it seems that 80 percent of what comes out is either a GA bug smasher or yet ANOTHER darn airliner. Thats why i tend to steer towards developers like Flysimware, Milviz and A2A...so refreshing to see aircraft coming out that arent the 25th version of another 7x7 or Airbus. Even pmdg with the DC6 made a leap forward in that respect but now we're back to the "max"..yet Another 737. Ughhh