tamsini

Managed Speed mode on FSLabs A320

Hello all, hopefully, someone can explain what I'm doing wrong. Shortly after departing CYYZ, I encountered a severe thunderstorm and the AP kept disconnecting (not a big deal, even though I have set AS16 to FSL's recommended turbulence/clouds settings).

Anyhow, once clear of the storm, I re-engaged the AP and try as I might, I could not get the speed to enter Managed mode. Heading was managed but the speed kept indicating Selected. Cruise and descent were the same - managed would not work.

I tried finding issues such as this but could only seemingly find approach issues and not in climb/cruise.

Any ideas? I just need to know if and how you can regain managed speed once lost.

21 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Hello all, hopefully, someone can explain what I'm doing wrong. Shortly after departing CYYZ, I encountered a severe thunderstorm and the AP kept disconnecting (not a big deal, even though I have set AS16 to FSL's recommended turbulence/clouds settings).

Anyhow, once clear of the storm, I re-engaged the AP and try as I might, I could not get the speed to enter Managed mode. Heading was managed but the speed kept indicating Selected. Cruise and descent were the same - managed would not work.

I tried finding issues such as this but could only seemingly find approach issues and not in climb/cruise.

Any ideas? I just need to know if and how you can regain managed speed once lost.

I bet you forgot to enter in your ZFW on the init page during pre-flight. I've made this mistake before. Not sure what else it would be.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

I bet you forgot to enter in your ZFW on the init page during pre-flight. I've made this mistake before. Not sure what else it would be.

That is very possible cuz I remember I had lost my dep/arr entries. So perhaps the init page had reset too. Thanks for that, I'll have to remember that one!

Should probably try and fly around the storms in the future.