1st fltsimguy

Mesh Drawing - "popping" Issue

I have already posted that I am trying to rebuild my P3DV4.5+ because of a hard drive failure.

While thing are going slowing its getting done but I have encountered several issues along the way that I can't recall the solutions.

As I fly in hilly or mountainous terrain, my mesh is "popping" into its full extent as I move forward. I am using FreeMeshX. I believe that this issue is caused by not have several layers of mesh at lower LOD such as 7,8,9 and so with LOD 10 (FreeMeshX) the sim compiles the higher resolution mesh as it comes into a certain distance. I believe before I had a bunch of

IS this correct and what mesh combo should I have to remove this issue please?

Bryan

Posted (edited)

opps wrong post

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Mesh morphing is, and always has been a fact of life with ESP-based sims...as the LOD level changes, the higher-resolution mesh changes the geometry of the depicted surface.  Even with the best of add-on mesh products, it happens...in fact, I've pretty much gotten away from add-on mesh products because it exacerbates this problem to the point of aggravation.  The only way to really avoid it would be to use the highest LOD all the time, which would just clobber performance even if you were able to force it.

Regards

12 hours ago, w6kd said:

Mesh morphing is, and always has been a fact of life with ESP-based sims...as the LOD level changes, the higher-resolution mesh changes the geometry of the depicted surface.  Even with the best of add-on mesh products, it happens...in fact, I've pretty much gotten away from add-on mesh products because it exacerbates this problem to the point of aggravation.  The only way to really avoid it would be to use the highest LOD all the time, which would just clobber performance even if you were able to force it.

Regards

Hummmm....interesting I did not know this.