Sign in to follow this  
stretch1365

Fuel Flow Gauges (Resolved)

Hi all,

After a spell away from flying the DC6 I returned to it the other day and noticed something I hadn't noticed when the aircraft was first released for FSX. Whilst in flight, either with or without the AFE helping I noticed the fuel flow gauges on the panel weren't reading anything, for all four engines, just stuck at zero. Before I started writing this post I had a look on the web and found pictures other folks had posted of the DC6 panel, which also showed the same zero reading, although they weren't pictures about this issue.

Can anyone help as to whether I am missing something or they don't work in FSX, which I don't imagine is the case at all...........Maybe I just forgot to switch something on, although would have expected the flight engineer to have pointed something like that out.

Thanks for any help,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I misread your post and thought it was a fuel quantity gauge issue, so what I was going to post probably would not help.

Hi,

Just wanted to report back that I have sorted the issue with the "Fuel Flow" gauges that I reported yesterday. It really does help if you turn on the "Engine Inst" switch located in the overhead by the engine start switches. Something looking back I might have thought the Flight Engineer might have covered in his checks, guess not.

So the issue isn't an issue, just an very incompetent pilot. If any admins here wish to delete this thread then please feel free, or leave it as information to others if they search this topic in the future.

Best regards,

No need to delete this as it may be of future help to someone!  I will put a "Resolved" marker on it.

• Upvote 1