Sign in to follow this  
gpxe

PMDG 737 Direct To

Hi everyone

I take off from Airport A to go to Airport B without any route programmed in the FMC (flying all manual - not realistic, I know).

In the middle of the flight, I want to use the autopilot to fly direct to a waypoint.

Since I have no route in the FMC, I can't insert a new waypoint or line select an existing one.

Is there an easy way to make a one-off Direct To or the only solution is to enter a route in the FMC during the flight and then insert a waypoint ?

Thanks

On 5/30/2019 at 4:45 PM, gpxe said:

Is there an easy way to make a one-off Direct To or the only solution is to enter a route in the FMC during the flight and then insert a waypoint ?

Nope.

If you want to use the automation, then I suggest properly setting it up.

To be honest, if you're going to spend the amount of money spent on a realistic representation of an aircraft, I find it odd that it would be treated like a default 737 (which is free, though I guess you could be using P3D, which doesn't have one like FSX did).

It's worth looking into the tutorial to use the plane for what it was built to do. It'll show you a ton of different ways to do what you're asking, and will likely enrich your simming experience.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello all,

I have not used the FMC (and this forum) in a very long time but if my memory serves me right (go easy on me Kyle 😊), the closest you can get to having the FMC help you here is to set the desired fix to display on the ND (green depiction with distance circles and bearing lines) and then manually use heading select to follow the bearing/course to the way-point.

The FMC should give you the heading and distance to the fix at that moment. This will most likely change with time and you will have to keep adjusting the heading knob while closely observing the ND but, depending on the brand of pickle you're in, this might be better than nothing.

Oh, and one more thing, I hope - in the name of all things holly - you do have the IRS's aligned, right?

Ionut "John" Micu

Edited by fstulm