Wink207

Running 737 NGX in Slow Time

Hello all:

Occasionally it is useful for me to run an FSX flight in slow time, 1/2 real time, for a period while I attend to another matter away from the computer. I run FSX Boxed. Earlier versions of the 737 NGX apparently did not support 1/2 time as the aircraft would lose control and drift down to crash if left unattended in 1/2 time. Does anyone know if this is still the case with the latest version, which I just installed a couple weeks back?

Thanks in advance

Rick

3 hours ago, Wink207 said:

Occasionally it is useful for me to run an FSX flight in slow time, 1/2 real time, for a period while I attend to another matter away from the computer. I run FSX Boxed. Earlier versions of the 737 NGX apparently did not support 1/2 time as the aircraft would lose control and drift down to crash if left unattended in 1/2 time. Does anyone know if this is still the case with the latest version, which I just installed a couple weeks back?

I don't think we changed anything that would've affected this - particularly because the code has been deployed/stable for the better part of a decade by now.

I've never seen reports of this being an issue, as far as incompatibility. If anything, slower time would be more stable (our 777 and 747 have intelligent accel-sensing to drop it out of 2x or 4x to make it more stable at 1x, so 1/2x wouldn't be an issue).

As an alternative, are you aware of the Pause at T/D function?

Kyle Rodgers

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

I don't think we changed anything that would've affected this - particularly because the code has been deployed/stable for the better part of a decade by now.

I've never seen reports of this being an issue, as far as incompatibility. If anything, slower time would be more stable (our 777 and 747 have intelligent accel-sensing to drop it out of 2x or 4x to make it more stable at 1x, so 1/2x wouldn't be an issue).

As an alternative, are you aware of the Pause at T/D function?

Thank you for the quick response. I do use the Pause at T/D function, and there is a little custom lua that one of the guys coded up that supports pause after a chosen number of minutes, and that also works well. So it is not that I don't have options, but I was curious if anything has changed. And I also understand that 1/2 time probably is not used very much, if at all. I suggest you give it a try sometime when you have  few minutes. It would be interesting to know that my system has a bug, although I do use the 1/2 time with other aircraft.

Thanks again,

Rick

Edited by Wink207