Sign in to follow this  
francesco.doenz

Updating the *Subfolder parked_updates* ?

Is there a difference in running PSXT  24h in a stretch or running it multiple times  a few hours to get 24h to build up the parking positions in a given airport? Or otherwise stated, do all running hours of  PSXT add up with time?

48 minutes ago, francesco.doenz said:

Or otherwise stated, do all running hours of  PSXT add up with time?

Yes, it adds up in time.

24 * 1 hour or 24 hours in one go does not make any difference. As soon as you exit PSXT the airport file will be updated (and every hour during a longer session).

Edited by kiek

1. Is there a way to know how many hours have been added up?

2.And I is there a benefit of adding more than 24 hours?

3.Should the added hours be of different time and different days or is it irrelevant?

I am aware these are most likely basic questions but may be I am not alone? Many thanks in advance for your inputs!!

1 hour ago, francesco.doenz said:

1. Is there a way to know how many hours have been added up?

2.And I is there a benefit of adding more than 24 hours?

3.Should the added hours be of different time and different days or is it irrelevant?

I am aware these are most likely basic questions but may be I am not alone? Many thanks in advance for your inputs!!

1. Yes, you can find that in the file as parameter num_defined_hours, and you find that info in the status line of the PSXT window too.

2. Yes, the more the better, although at a certain point in time you will notice that you have got almost all the regular traffic and not many hours will be added. But you cannot stop it, so this will go on for ever, unless you delete the file of course, then it will start again from scratch. PSXT also has info about airlines that have recently stopped service (are out of business), such as WOW, Jet Airways (JAI) and Small Planet airlines. If it encounters aircraft of those airlines in an airport fiile it will remove these entries.

3. The day is not registered, so that is irrelevant. If a say B738 from KLM was at gate D4 at 16:00 hours (utc) and that info is already in the file nothing will change, only if it parks at that gate at a different hour then already available in the file. Also summer- or wintertime is not registered.
The current info is sufficient to produce a realistic set of static parked aircraft at the gates. 

But have a look in an airport file with a text editor such as Notepad and you will get an idea of what is being registered.

Edited by kiek

Hello! thanks for that information. i have another question:

if i put a time offset in real traffic (for example, 2 hours ago), will PSX add to the airport file the parking hours at the real time? i mean: im flying at 21:00 PM, but i want the traffic of 17:00 PM. Will PSX set the parking hours of the 17:00 PM AT 21:00 or at 17:00?

(hope i could explain myself a little good)

THANKS!

Hi,

Good question, have not thought about that side-effect. PSXT has no notion of the stream being time shifted, it will always use the utc time in your case 21:00.

This will spoil the hours info in the airport file

Will have to find a solution.

For the time being. You better save your parked_updates folder before you time shift and put it back afterwards.

Nico

oh thanks for the answer. i will save my parked-updates before time shift!.

thanks for you PSX, its really great! now, im waiting that all airports in the world use the transponder mandatorily!