Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Skyspirit 767 from JFK ending over night and Gander

I modified this Skyspirit 767 so it could have dynamic wing views from the original model.  It uses the original 2D panel, and I used P3D's camera config to save the wing view positions.  For a legacy aircraft, flight dynamics are just outstanding and the takeoff and gps guided flight towards EGLL feel quite real, especially with the wing views and sunset takeoff from JFK looking towards the Empire State building and new WTC....  To get the wing views from the exterior model I just modified the model.cfg for each of the four included aircraft types so the interior model matched the exterior model.  The pax perspective makes for enjoyable memories, my last European flight from JFK was on an American 767 towards Zurich in 1991....  My last European flight was on a 747-400 headed nonstop home from Heathrow to Phoenix, a BA flight in premium economy in 2017...  My last three pics are from that flight, one over England just out of Heathrow, the other two over the US just to add some context to this post

John

3KzFBl5.png
v0tenaq.png
npdKJO6.png
jDB1a2p.png
CMXAizk.png
HJ3NkMB.png
5YDFdFi.png
ucVktRS.png
OPSAmBt.png
ZQQc3Xo.jpg
Py4d4Nw.jpg
S0Noozs.jpg

• Like 1

I did not know the Skyspirit 767's work in P3D. What panel are you using for the plane?

17 minutes ago, Joseph29 said:

I did not know the Skyspirit 767's work in P3D. What panel are you using for the plane?

I used the download found in this link:

https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/670

As I said, I modified the model.cfg in each of the four aircraft to remove Skyspirit's VC.  This model is the Project Opensky model so dates back many years, the 2d panel dates back to FS2004.  The sounds included are quite good, the 2d panel works and autopilot works in all phases of flight.  As I noted, I used P3d's camera editor to add the wing views and add a new cockpit view slightly ahead of the left seat.  My flight to EGLL is still in progress but almost finished, I will post a followup to this thread once I am on final approach...

John