Sign in to follow this  
FlyingsCool

how about combining offline and online playing

Guest Allsource

How about this... Wouldn't it be cool if in FSX we can combine standard offline computer play and multiplayer interaction?All offline AI traffic involved and computer ATC. Then anyone could hop into any open scenario. Pilots will follow both computer and any live ATC where available and live ATC could control both real and AI planes. I know everyone would have to be on the same offline setting like, fly real time and real weather, but how great would that be. We would have the best of both worlds.It would definitely set up a more realistic virtual scenario and who wouldn't want to do something like that.

I have actually requested something similar on several occasions, once in my comments during the FS9 monitoring program. It is impossible to have live ATC such as Vatsim have to control AI as well as live online planes, however, it is very possible for the pilot to see both AI and online aircraft in our own scenario only. We would need some controls to clear out a long line of planes in front of you lining up for takeoff (I am sure Vatsim controllers would just love to wait for you behind 10 planes). You would also need some controls on spacing on approach. This would be very welcome when flying online, particularly when there is little traffic and no/few ATC online.Mark.

Guest Allsource

Anything is possible when it comes to programming. I know it's going to take an abundance of conditional equations to make it happen, but realistically I believe it can happen. It

I'm not much of a Vatsim user as I've rarely even seen controllers online whenever I've visited there. But I would love to have FS ATC available when I've got two or more computers hooked together.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)