Sign in to follow this  
Guest JimBrown

Jet exhaust effect...

Guest Water Mango

I'm seeing so many screenshots posted that have been edited to show the clear exhaust effect that you normally see in the real world coming from engines. It would be cool one day to see a version of Flight Simulator that depicted this effect. Another effect that would be great to see is the vortices one sees coming off the wings of a 744 on taking off.

Guest thefringe

I agree totally. What would also be nice is a depiction of very small clouds 'exploding' in the window as the jet passes through them. I'm not sure what this effect is called, but it has not been modeled in FS to my knowledge thus far.

O.K. back to being serious, Chris I agree...One thing to remember though is we want FSX to expand on FS9 in the critical issues first (ATC, Framerates, Flight Models, etc).

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest thefringe

I wish I could better describe the clouds 'popping' effect past the windows, I just don't know the correct term. Lasts for just a split second. I have noticed this effect on virtually all commercial flights, but it may be more apparent from the cabin looking sideways than from the cockpit.

You need to research the correct term for this. That's the only way any of us are going to know what your talking about.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I think you are refering to the 'white out' effect as you pass through a cloud.Yeah, the clouds in FS9 are very courteous, they move aside as you go by. :)[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="4" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2][td width=500]Jason CYOO - Formerly MYNN[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]P4 3.2Ghz, 1GB Ram, FX5900 128MB, XP SP2.[br /][br /]

Guest thefringe

Yes this is very similar to the whiteout effect, but lasts for only a split second. A small puff of cloud passing by the window at 400 knots or so causes this phenomenon. The closer the cloud is to the window the shorter the effect obviously. I'll ask a few pilots if there is a name for it.edit: By the way Mr. Dillo I am being serious here.

Guest JimBrown

Sounds like you're thinking of a Prandtl-Glauert Singularity....jim