Sign in to follow this  
snomhf

How to reference a second GA parking ramp

Hi Dave,

I am currently rebuilding the airport KFAY.   It has two GA parking lots on opposite sides of the airport.  If I request parking to the "GA parking ramp",   I am routed to the main ramp next to the tower.  I was just trying some things and happened to "request taxi to GA 30" (GA 30 is the name of one of the ramp starts in the secondary GA parking lot) and the ground controller mistook what I said for "GA Ramp 0" and lo and behold directed me to the secondary GA parking!   Though I was happy to discover what now to call this second parking,  how does P2A get this "GA Ramp 0" string?   I'm looking through apt.dat and see only one related line:  "110 1 0.35 32.3400 GA Ramp".   There is no "GA Ramp0" or anything like that as far as I can tell.   Can you clear me up on this?

Thanks

-mark

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5

I can't explain why or how it heard GA Ramp 0.  It is only aware of the Gate/Parking space names.

In the Info - Runway & Gates tab, there is a list of all parking spaces, both GA and Gates, etc.

If you select one of these, then request "Taxi to the Ramp" you'll get taxi instructions to that parking space.  

The fact that he picked up on "ga ramp zero" is because I actually said "ga 30" and he misunderstood me. 

But, if I "Request taxi to ga ramp 0", he always directs me to the secondary GA parking area.   That's the part of this I don't understand.

Yes, I knew I could request taxi to a particular gate, I was just confused (and still am) why I can request taxi to "ramp 0" and it knows I mean that secondary parking area.   Luck??  I thought that might be coded somewhere and I could edit it to something more reasonable.   It's not a big deal.   I am just wanting this airport to be a "p2a role-model" that works well before I submit it to the gateway.

Thanks for fielding all my dumb questions!

-mark

Aficionado of MSFS, X-Plane12, Aces High, Wings Over Flanders Fields

i7-9700k@5.0GHz, Nvidia RTX 4070ti(12GB), Z390 AORUS MB, 64GB DDR4, 2TB SSD(560MB/s), Windows 10 Home 64-bit, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR5