Sign in to follow this  
ncngrr

New Build - Network adapter not found

Posted (edited)

Just finished building a brand new flight sim PC.  Purchased/Inserted new Win10 Home (USB Flash Drive) into the USB port, and installed Win 10.  As part of the procedure Windows walks me through, Win 10 wants to access a network.  Sure.  Unfortunately,  Win 10 says the network adapter doesn't have a driver.  Well, I didn't install a CD/DVD drive and I can't search the Internet with that PC.  I also opened the BIOS to see if there's anything there that might help.  Under the peripherals tab (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO), the Link Status shows "Disconnected".

How do I get my brand new PC to recognize the on-board ethernet port (which has an ethernet cable connected to it and to the ethernet hub?

Thanks.

Edited by ncngrr

Your motherboard manufacturer should have a download available with the driver. Do you have another PC/Mac you can use to find the download? (I'm guessing you do, if your posting here) 🙂

Busdriver (Bill)

KPHL

8086K @5.4GHz, EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3, DDR4 16GB @4000MHz, Samsung 970 NVMe (M.2) Windows 10 Pro, Samsung M.2 1TB for P3D V4.5

On 6/22/2019 at 4:36 PM, ncngrr said:

I also opened the BIOS to see if there's anything there that might help.  Under the peripherals tab (Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO), the Link Status shows "Disconnected".

That would imply there's a bad connection to the switch. Do you have a green link light? Try a different cable or port on the switch.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thanks, BusDriver and Luke, for the replies.

Problem solved.  I assumed incorrectly the Win10/64 install USB would contain rudimentary drivers for the motherboard's NIC.  I downloaded the NIC's driver from the Gigabyte website (on a different PC) to a thumb drive on the new PC.  That took care of the it.  It all works now.  Thanks.