Sign in to follow this  
Guest camilo

Scenery

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but while I've just been looking over the Canary Sim manual, I thought of something.It states that they use the high def mesh and requires the setting of 21 in the fs9.cfg. Now if you have scenery thats not compatitible with it will display oddly, and suggests using 20 instead.Now would it be possible to have in the fs9.cfg a master setting for mesh resolution, and then in the scenery.cfg have an overriding control so that that layer of scenery can display a higher or lower resolution of mesh?

I'm wondering what the point of having a .cfg setting would be if the scenery overrides it?I'm thinking that's not really practical. I don't think having individual settings for each scenery would work either, but I don't know.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Guest EdrickV

I think what he's talking about would be a default value in the FS9.cfg and an optional "local" value for specific sceneries for compatibility purposes."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest camilo

Good point, we should not having to mess with the CFG files unless strictly necessary.Best regards,