Sign in to follow this  
vadriver

Comms Cutshort

Team

Firstly, let me explain  ...... not stuttering, not broken but for example, when FO asks for taxi, one hears the FO say callsign & then immediately the controller say the callsign etc, no instructions, no readback and all in a lot less time than had the instructions/readback been sounded.

The log shows/writes the complete transmission by both & without any apparent errors.

It seems like a Priority/CPU issue and /or clash with other TTS addons such as MCE, FS2C perhaps. And it is not happening in the PMDG NGX (works 100%) for example, but curiously happens in their 777.

It has me tossed ..... i could pretend I use CPDLC, but that's a bit untidy during vectors.

Any similar experiences / notes would be appreciated ...... the above is with P3D45, Vox742 on W764.

Thanks 

Edited by vadriver
  • Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

Team

Problem solved ...... if installing voxatc gauges in the 777, one needs to rebuild a cold&dark panel state to your preferred.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

19 minutes ago, Polymerman said:

thanks for that tip

& yes, i suspect it may apply to other "fastidious" addons that have user panel state options either directly or just "with" saved scenarios.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

On 7/1/2019 at 4:57 PM, vadriver said:

Problem solved ...... if installing voxatc gauges in the 777, one needs to rebuild a cold&dark panel state to your preferred.

team

an update of this 6 month long saga, trialing different permutations with other addons (mce, asp4 etc.) to check when / how this issue continued to happen despite my earlier apparent success.

i also began to notice that on most flights AI would initially load & function, but it was not being seen on arrival.

a few flights ago however, all went well (unexpectedly & for the first time on a complete flight with the 777) ....... because i did not manually tune an out of range VOR in the CDU (ie none of the subject issues if autotune only is used ... a bummer to say the least if you want to use said navaids to check gps data / dtg etc.

so that's where i am at with this .... no more broken comms nor lost AI I hope.

i still believe that one cannot use pmdg's saved panel states (including pmdg's includeds) that are not rebuilt after installing vox's gauges) from the base C&D start.

& yes, it is probably unique to the 777.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin