Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Sidoli

Panel depiction in FSX ?

Guest Peter Sidoli

>2D panels will be a feature in FSX, for sure. The VC isn't sufficient for an average user with average hardware at their disposal

Guest lemonadedrinker

>>>Selectable FS menu option for 2d and 3d/VC panels! Hi, The words nail and head come to mind here. This is an interesting thread but I like the 2D panels and I would not like to think that FSX is getting rid of them- what I don't like (my 2 cents) is the open screen where a vc could go. That was answered in another thread, and Alcott's response seems to cover all bases so let us keep our lovely cardboard(?) panels and let the flyer decide.Andy.ps..and, as jwenting posts above, I don't want to be wearing no booots and gloves and helmet just to be able to take the Cessna up over KSEA for a 5 minute spin, we got enough wires trailing about the room without going direct into the mains so as to get the glider up!A.

Well, I felt compelled to revive this thread as I just purchased the Realair scout package. If FSX has anything like those VC's then I'll be extremely happy, if not, I hope realair develops for FSX because these VC's in my opinion are the best available.Not only smooth guages, clear, crisp instrumentation, no hit at all on framerates, but the whole ambiance of the cockpit enviroment is extremely immersive, from the creek an moan of the aircraft if stressed to the feel of movement of your head as the airplane moves. This is the way to go I believe, absolutely stunning. It puts you in the plane and that's a long way to total immersion. I once stated that one of the most detracting parts of a flight simulator is the lack of feeling from forces acting on the body. Well, Realair has simulated via subtle view movement that your mind is tricked into believing your body is moving, yaw to the left or right or pull up or down, even in slight turbulence you sense a slight movement in the view. You don't feel tight as in the regular vc's, but more loose if you will. Hard to explain.Anyway, my personal opinion of course, but curious if anyone else has the same experiences with realair aircraft and if they believe this is the way to go.Ian.

If FSX has smooth VC gauges and the ability to pan around ala Active Camera and save views (or maybe an even better way of navigating the VC) then I will probably not touch a 2D panel again...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Peter Sidoli

>Well, I felt compelled to revive this thread as I just>purchased the Realair scout package. If FSX has anything like>those VC's then I'll be extremely happy, if not, I hope>realair develops for FSX because these VC's in my opinion are>the best available.>>Not only smooth guages, clear, crisp instrumentation, no hit>at all on framerates, but the whole ambiance of the cockpit>enviroment is extremely immersive, from the creek an moan of>the aircraft if stressed to the feel of movement of your head>as the airplane moves. This is the way to go I believe,>absolutely stunning. It puts you in the plane and that's a>long way to total immersion. >>I once stated that one of the most detracting parts of a>flight simulator is the lack of feeling from forces acting on>the body. Well, Realair has simulated via subtle view>movement that your mind is tricked into believing your body is>moving, yaw to the left or right or pull up or down, even in>slight turbulence you sense a slight movement in the view. >You don't feel tight as in the regular vc's, but more loose if>you will. Hard to explain.>>Anyway, my personal opinion of course, but curious if anyone>else has the same experiences with realair aircraft and if>they believe this is the way to go.>>Ian.Ian exactly! Part of the problem with discussions in this forum is that we discuss as if FSX is FS9. Either we want FS9 2D panels or we want FS9 VC panels.We do not discuss what new technology or clever thinking can make a new more realistic and immersive way of displaying the cockpit which when used will make us forget either 2D or VC as we know them in FS9.There was a thread some while back about the release of the next new MSFS. The vast majority wanted a new slate MSFS and the majority stated that they were more bothered about a fresh new MSFS platform rather than backward compatability.This thread shows how entrenched we still are with the MSFS of old and the way it has always been done rather than embracing new ways for the future.RealAir have used some clever techniques to make their cockpit immersive and thats in FS9. Who knows what is possible in FSX?Peter