Sign in to follow this  
Premier

[Answered] A note of thanks and a small question

Thank you Mr Simbol for a truly magnificent FREEWARE application. It has made such a difference to my P3Dv4.4 airport scenery! Am very much looking forward to buying the professional edition.

I had just a simple question. I am using UTL, and going to the UTL aircraft (say 738 folder) /aircraft.cfg, under the lights section it is showing as fx_strobe. 

Is this file somehow pointing to the fx_strobe effect file in the folder "X"/Program Files/AI Lights reborn free Edition/AI light Effects? or is it pointing to the fx_strobe in P3D/Effects folder?

I notice there is no fx_FAIB_737/8 effect file in the folder "X"/Program Files/AI Lights reborn free Edition/AI light Effects. Is the effect file fx_strobe a generic one for all 73*

Many thanks!

Chris Morgan

Edited by Premier

4 hours ago, Premier said:

Thank you Mr Simbol for a truly magnificent FREEWARE application. It has made such a difference to my P3Dv4.4 airport scenery! Am very much looking forward to buying the professional edition.

I had just a simple question. I am using UTL, and going to the UTL aircraft (say 738 folder) /aircraft.cfg, under the lights section it is showing as fx_strobe. 

Is this file somehow pointing to the fx_strobe effect file in the folder "X"/Program Files/AI Lights reborn free Edition/AI light Effects? or is it pointing to the fx_strobe in P3D/Effects folder?

I notice there is no fx_FAIB_737/8 effect file in the folder "X"/Program Files/AI Lights reborn free Edition/AI light Effects. Is the effect file fx_strobe a generic one for all 73*

Many thanks!

Chris Morgan

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for your kind words.

In answer to your question AI Lights Reborn use the latest technology available with the P3D SDK which allows to "Logically" override system effects outside of the simulator ecosystem by using the add-on.xml method.

The freeware has all the necessary effects names to make it work with the most well known AI packages available in the market including UTL, so you don't need to worry about any effect names, there is nothing to tweak or configure, the freeware is designed to install and forget so you can enjoy your simulator time instead.

Kind Regards,
Simbol