Sign in to follow this  
ark

FSW Happenings...

My intent with this thread is to try and keep the FSW community informed on what is happening at FSW as best as I understand it. I am not a FSW employee so anything I post here is 'unofficial'. However, as a member of the FSW Beta team, I do get to talk with Mark (FSW) so hopefully what I have to say is at least 'in the ballpark'.  😉   I intend to periodically provide updates as needed.

This thread is locked so updates don't get lost in possible follow-on discussion posts. However, feel free to post in the appropriate FSW topic subforum.

So ...

I expect there will be a Lear35 update in a few weeks or so with the new textures by Wickedbacon; a new Payload Manager that allows more flexibility in setting individual fuel tank quantities, passenger weights and the cargo load (similar to the Falcon 50 Payload Manager); and some code updates/fixes.

Regrading the FMC for the Lear, as far as I know Ernie is working on it, but I have not heard any details on that for a while now. I think FMC availability is still a good ways off yet. I'll update in this thread when I know more.

I also expect a MU-2 update to be released fairly soon with a number of fixes and improvements like an engine air start procedure, a prop animation fix that uses N1 and N2 for engine failure, No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belt chimes, etc.  As for the MU-2 texture work, it seems the professional texture company has decided to restrict their efforts to new aircraft, so they will not be working on the MU-2 as was originally expected. However, Mark does still wants to update the MU-2 textures, but it won't happen as soon as was anticipated.

Meanwhile, back at the FSW  'Skunk Works' Mark and Joe are hard at work on the C414AW. Joe is providing a lot of detailed pictures and information since it's his plane that is being modeled, and I've no doubt this is going to be one heck of a super accurate simulation when it's done!

That's it for now...

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Although there can always be unexpected delays I think we are really getting close to the release of the Lear 35 update. All that remains are a few things to 'touch up' and some beta testing to make sure all is ready to go.  In addition to the amazing texture updates by Wickedbacon that I'm sure most of you have been following in another thread here, the update will also have coding improvements and significant sound updates. The sound updates will greatly enhance immersion and realism thanks to FSW's chief pilot Joe who went out of his way to record and install 'real' sounds from the actual Lear 35 that he flies as his day job (actually, it seems most of his on-call medivac flying is in the wee hours of the morning!) 

So IMO this is going to be one super L35 update!

Al

I expect the Lear35 update to be released to the beta testing team this coming week.  For a peak at some of the changes you haven't seen -- I should say -- haven't heard, take a look at the Preview Video for Upcoming Sounds in the Lear35 subforum that FSW's Chief Pilot Joe put together for you.

Al

Edited by ark

The Lear35 update is currently undergoing testing by the FSW Beta team.  FSW has developed a new installer so that is also under beta testing at the same time. The new installer puts the FLYSIMWARE LEAR35 INFO folder on your root C drive instead of on the desktop as in the past. You will find a simple startup shortcut on the desktop pointing to the FLYSIMWARE LEAR35 INFO. However, once you know where things are you can delete the shortcut off your desktop. In the FLYSIMWARE LEAR35 INFO folder you will find the GPS Management Tool for loading different GPS configurations into the Lear 35.

FSW expects to have the Lear35 update with the new installer 'out the door' in a week or less.

Al

Update: You will be able to access the Lear GPS Management Tool from the Win10 Start menu.

Edited by ark
  • Like 2

Now that what was going to be a Lear35  'minor' update, but turned out to be a major update thanks to the extensive efforts of Mark and volunteers RW Lear 35 pilot Joe and texture magician WickedBacon is finally out the door, Mark is back hard at work on modeling the C414. Mark hopes to get the C414 model to the texture company in a timely manner which will free him up for the major work that will be required to integrate the UNS-1 FMS into the Lear35 cockpit. This will require quite a bit of 're-modeling' work since the Lear's radios will have to be moved to the main panel (which btw is where they are in Joe's Lears)  to free-up room on the center console for the UNS-1. The UNS-1 will be available as an expansion pack in the not to distant future.

Al

Edited by Flysimware
  • Like 1

Here's the latest info from FSW on the C414 progress as posted on Facebook. Once the exterior model is off to the painters, Mark will begin developing the interior -- VC, systems, AP, etc.

Al

11bbe2a12f.JPG

Edited by ark

Just want to let folks know that the external model of the C414 is finished and has been sent to the texturing company, and Mark is now hard at work on the interior model.

Al

Edited by ark

1. Falcon50 ver 1.9H has been released to all stores. See the Falcon50 subforum for details on the changes.

2. It is anticipated that coding of the UNS-1 FMC for the Lear35 will be nearing completion in a month or so and initial work has begun on the Lear35 panel in preparation for the UNS-1 FMC installation.

3. Work continues on the C414 interior model.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Flysimware expects the Lear's FMC expansion package to be available in a month or less. PriceTBD but will be in the $20-$25 ballpark. As you can see from the video posted in the Lear35 subforum, this includes the Lear with the redesigned panel to accommodate the FMC. So you will end up with a Learjet 'fleet' with an FMC version and the current GPS version. Note the FMC equipped Lear requires many files from the existing Lear35A installation, ie., the Learjet 35A basepack is required.

Al

Work is continuing on the FMC expansion package for the Lear, which is nearing completion, but I don't have any info on a release date yet.

The interior of the C414 will soon be ready to send off for texturing, and while that is going on attention will turn to working on the C414 VC panel. I'm guessing the C414 will be released in early 2021.

FSW has also started working on a version of the amphibious Widgeon for the new MSFS. Since the Widgeon is a relatively simple a/c, it's a good 'first MSFS' a/c, especially since the MSFS SDK is far from complete and the learning curve for developing in the new sim is fairly steep. FSW still hopes to be able to get other FSW a/c into MSFS, but this awaits a more complete SDK.

Al

Edited by ark

The C441 interior has been sent off to the texture company. With this out of the way, FSW reports he has turned his attention to getting the Widgeon ready for MSFS and the final stages of work on the FMC expansion package for the Lear35.

Al

• Like 1

The G-44 Widgeon has now been available for a while through the the MSFS Market Place as well as the FSW and other stores.

The FSW UNS-1 FMS Expansion Pack for the Lear 35A is available through the FSW and other stores. You must already own the FSW Lear35A to use this FMS expansion pack addon.

FSW hopes to be able to release a Beta version of the C414 for MSFS by late Feb2022. This a/c was carefully and accurately modeled after the C414 owned by the FSW tech advisor "Capt Joe".

Work has started towards developing a version of the FSW Lear35A for MSFS2020. My understanding is future plans are to do the same with other popular FSW a/c such as the Falcon50 and MU-2.

Al

Edited by ark