Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Frame rates!!

What am I missing here?  I fire up the turbo commander lite with default scenery at a default airport and get a miselly 15FPS.  I then load the PMDG 747-800 and get 95 FPS and with the piston Turbo Commander I get 84 FPS. Clearly something is amiss here but what?  Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Maybe an uninstall and re with antivirus disabled? That’s worked for me in the past, but the commander is a little FPS inefficient on my system too.

Thanks I will try that - these frame rates are a significant outlier on my 8080K @ 5.2 system nothing else comes close.

Bruceb

• Upvote 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

S

On 7/9/2019 at 12:50 PM, rightseat said:

Maybe an uninstall and re with antivirus disabled? That’s worked for me in the past, but the commander is a little FPS inefficient on my system too.

Sorry this didn't work.  Virus scan disabled followed by uninstall and fresh download and reinstall but fps still 15 and this is with most sliders far to the left - a very light P3D load.  Oddly CPU use is only 20% and GPU 6% (1080ti).  So where to from here?  I take it t hat no one else sees such poor performance from the Turbo Commander ie something like less than one third of what I get from all my other high end aircraft - PMDG QW F1 and even Carenado etc. Further tips appreciated.  Thanks again.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

That is strange, for sure. Have you tried the "lite" version of the model to see if it's just a matter of poly count?

Yes same with the lite version. Well this is more complicated than first thought as when I load the Turbo Commander on my test system which is lower spec Win 7 4770K @ 4.4  instead of Win 10 and 8086K @ 5.2, frame rates go to 60 plus which is about what you would expect. Now  the test system is  P3D 4.4 rather than 4.5 HF1 and the other difference is 2K rather than 4K so not quite apples v apples but I find it hard to believe that these hardware variances account for the difference. So it seems it is something about my Win 10 system the Turbo Commander doesn't like.  I may have to take this issue elsewhere as this forum doesn't get much traffic and it is possible the problem is more system hardware related although whatever it is other aircraft don't seem to be effected. One thing I do suspect is Windows Audio Device Isolation as its CPU load spikes to 30% with the Turbo Commander and to a lesser extent with other Carenado aircraft. By comparison it only gets to 1-2% CPU load with the PMDG fleet. 

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

I would love to hear of your findings if you ever do figure something out. 

🙂