Sign in to follow this  
Damlimey

Landing lights... What's the mystery?

Hi all,

I've read a couple of threads on this subject but I can't find a resolution to the following problem...

I have a model, with landing lights that shine brightly on the aircraft but don't actually illuminate the ground. I've checked that the relavant bitmaps are in place and that they work on some models (Bell 206 for example) but not on others. I understand that they are part of the .mdl file built by the modeler and one of the models I have a problem with is a Nemeth payware aircraft and another is freeware.

FSX.cfg file 'lights = 8', the bitmap isn't corrupted and as far as I can tell, everything is in place in the aircraft.cfg.

I know that I am not alone with this issue so my question is; what's going on? Is it a Steam thing (which wouldn't suprise me)?

In the case of the Nemeth payware model, I'm sure they were working at some point.

What are the other variables that might interfere with the landing light effect?

Thanks in advance,

D

Do you have "Landing Lights Illuminate the Ground" in your settings?

Charlie Aron

AVSIM Board of Directors-Moderator-Registrar

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Oh yes, I'm afraid I do. As I said, I have them working on some models, so I know everything is in order so that they should work correctly. However, I think there is something peculiar going on and I'm wondering if it has anything to do with some customisation I have done with my panels. Otherwise, I'm stuck.

Oh, BTW thanks for the help with my sound file question last week. I'm studying FSUIPC to improve my understanding.

Regards,

D