Sign in to follow this  
Starlifter60

Fire Warning Cold and Dark

Hi all,

After having flown the Falcon 50 for months, then putting it down for a couple of months, I've had the strangest problem after upgrading to v4.5. From a cold and dark cockpit, switching on the battery instantly makes all three fire handles light up and the alarm sound. Checked throttle at idle position. Even did a full uninstall/reinstall and it's still doing it. Could this be a P3Dv4.5 thing? I have flown it without this problem in v4.5 but I'm swinging at everything here. Very strange. Thanks in advance

Brian

Edited by Starlifter60

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

29 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

Hi all,

After having flown the Falcon 50 for months, then putting it down for a couple of months, I've had the strangest problem after upgrading to v4.5. From a cold and dark cockpit, switching on the battery instantly makes all three fire handles light up and the alarm sound. Checked throttle at idle position. Even did a full uninstall/reinstall and it's still doing it. Could this be a P3Dv4.5 thing? I have flown it without this problem in v4.5 but I'm swinging at everything here. Very strange. Thanks in advance

Brian

Hi Brian,

I can't replicate that problem, and haven't seen any similar reports.  A couple of things you can try/check.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Falcon 50 (ver 1.8C) and, if you use them,  have updated the Rex WX radar and the GTN750 for P3Dv4.5.

2. Load the F35 before loading the Falcon 50. A number of us have found this seems to eliminate some strange problems possibly because of the way the F35 initializes things.

2. Eliminate any saved flights and create a new default flight using a default a/c like the F35.

Al

Edited by ark

8 minutes ago, ark said:

Hi Brian,

I can't replicate that problem, and haven't seen any similar reports.  A couple of things you can try/check.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Falcon 50 and, if you use them,  have updated the Rex WX radar and the GTN750 for P3Dv4.5.

2. Load the F35 before loading the Falcon 50. A number of us have found this seems to eliminate some strange problems possibly because of the way the F35 initializes things.

2. Eliminate any saved flights and create a new default flight using a default a/c like the F35.

Al

The F35 hath magical powers...that did the trick, thanks!

Brian

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

14 minutes ago, Starlifter60 said:

The F35 hath magical powers...

Brian

Apparently so!  😉      Glad you got things working.

Al

Edited by ark