Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

Still no cloud shadow

Please excuse my bad english skills. :-) I meant lighting.But hey, lightning could be improved too of course!:-hah It would be nice if lighting didn't only light up the aircraft but the terrain aswell. Just treat it like a light source (which would be pretty long, thin and very bright).My point is that it would be very nice (but I don't know if it is technically possible yet) if the sun, moon, all sorts of lamps AND lightning ;-) would be treated as individual light sources, casting their own light. The system would take care of the whole fs world. No differences between aircraft, scenery or autogen etc. Without light the fs world would be pitch-dark. Shadows are nothing else than differences in lighting intensities and thus would be generated "automatically".Developers could define the parameters for each light (brightness, colour etc.) on a table basis.Just imagine the possiblities with such a lighting system in place!cheers, :-beerchugCG

>Frankly we try to avoid having to do this since there are a>few users who will notice and flame us on the boards for not>being "as real as it gets". Hmm- FSX.ini file?cloud_shadows = 0 {default}cloud_shadows = 1 {changed by user}

Guest SpectroPro

>>Hmm- FSX.ini file?>>>cloud_shadows = 0 {default}>>cloud_shadows = 1 {changed by user}I couldn't have said that better myself. I am one of the odd people.. I say, put in everything you possibly can, and the #### with what it may do to someones system. Let US decide if we want to turn it on or off. As I have stated, I don't care about the cloud shadows. Have them, don't have them. I don't care... But, there is a lot to go into doing them right if you do. That said, put them in, put in the birds, fish, waves on the ocean, trees blowing in the wind, grass blowing when you are sitting on it with engine running, trains running the tracks of the world, etc... Then, just please do two things. 1) Put in switches for everything in the program and/or 2) (and please do this anyways....) release a help file that tells what every single line of the INI file does/affects/changes/etc... This is something that is needed anyways.. I have seen files that tell what some things do, but we should know what every single line of that file does...and what values are valid and not valid. I would love this for fs9 as well. If you do that, we have the choice then to crank up OUR flight sims to whatever level we can handle and can enjoy.----There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who don't!If you take GOD out, you leave room for EVIL! If you remove EVIL and SIN, you make way for GOD and hope!***************************************Gregory D. Swagler, PresidentFlight Simulator Design UniversityKHAO - Hamilton, Ohio USA (Cincinnati)